Now It's Done

It's been about a month since Prom, and you and Ran had only grown closer to each other. You went on more dates, some with Eliza and Tom or Hayley and Esme, and some with just you, and of course there was a lot of cuddling and a little kissing. One of your favorite activities as a couple was either snuggling up under a blanket and watching a movie, or holding hands while taking a nice walk around the park. Sometimes your brother asked you to walk Floof, and so that was another excuse to walk with Ran.

You had to cut down on time together for finals, but only a few days were spend on the academic grind. You both passed all your classes with reasonable grades, and then you had to prepare for one thing you were both excited for and dreading.

Graduation.

Of course, you were happy to be done with school, and the ceremony itself would be fun, but it also meant you wouldn't get to see your friends quite as much once they started going to college or getting jobs.

You yourself were planning on getting a summer job and then going to community college in the fall, majoring in (you pick whatever career you want!). Ran was of course just going to go full time on Twitch. It certainly brought him a lot of income and even travel opportunities.

Hayley was also going to community college and majoring in education, so you'd at least see her. Eliza was going away to college to become an engineer, and Toby was also going away, but for biology, as he hopes to work with bees in the future. And Tom was going to be stuck in high school for another year.

You had all received your caps and gowns a few days prior, and you'd been to some graduation rehearsals as well. It was just learning how to walk properly down the aisle in time with Pomp and Circumstance, which would be played by the school band.

Cap decorating was a blast. The caps were a simple black with gold tassels. You did yours with (choose any design you like). Ran just did one green and one red line on the top. Subtle.

Eliza put the logo of her college on her cap, and Toby did his with bees surrounding his college logo.

Hayley, on the other hand, went all out, with plastic dragons and cloud and star stickers arranged beautifully on the top.

my irl friend actually did this for their cap and it turned out great!

Well, at least, that's how the past few days have gone. Today...was the real thing. The ceremony you've been waiting for for four years.

First, you and the whole gang from Prom met up at Eliza's house for a pre-graduation party/photoshoot. You all took pictures in your caps and gowns, ate some food, and just generally had a good time. Tom was also there, despite not graduating, but he was going to be the marshal in the ceremony. (for those who don't know marshals walk in front of the graduates in the procession and direct them to rise and be seated before and after walking up to get their diplomas. they also have a stick)