Chapter Twenty-Two

Jay's POV

I pull over on the road, collapsing once again. Tears silently fell down my face. I let her go. I fucking pushed her over the edge.

I love her.

I love her.

I love her.

I love her.

And I couldn't fucking tell her. I can't hold her. I can't kiss her. I can't make breakfast for her. Or give her flowers. Or take her on a date. All because this fucking bastard wants her dead because I killed his father.

I punch the steering wheel, yelling out in pain. Not physical. Just mentally.

I was mentally dying. I was ready to just shoot myself in the fucking mouth. I wanted to find this bastard and kill him. It's been a few months since I came back, thinking that he kidnapped her, but no. She was just out racing and won too. I was so fucking proud of her for that.

And that's another thing I can't do. I can't be proud of her anymore. She wasn't mine. Not anymore.

I get to school, going through the motions. I turned my homework in on time. All my assignments were a hundred-percent. I sigh as I get a text in my last class for the day.

We found him.

I stand, racing out of there so quickly as hope built in my chest. Maybe by the end of today, I could hold her in my arms once again. I glance at my phone, taking notice of how many months I've been apart from my love.

Six months.

I grin. Prom was at the end of this month, maybe I can surprise her and take her. Maybe. My smile fades as I pull into my office. I run inside, bursting into the meeting room. "Where is he?" I demand, I'm given all the details and within merely seconds, I have a plan to take him down.