19

Warnings:
-Ableism/homophobia (usage F-slur)
-Mentions domestic violence/divorce
-Mentions smoking addiction
-Emotional abuse

Clay's POV

I waited for George all day and when his school day was over, I took him outside and hugged him. 'I missed you, I have so many good pickup lines. Also, do you want to come with me to the grocery store? I want to get some more food that I can eat.'

'Of course,' he smiled as we started walking in the direction of the store.

'I want to be funny and tell you my pickup lines, but I'm too romantic at this moment. I want to cuddle with you so you feel beautiful and loved,' I admitted. I sighed and grabbed his hand, swinging our hands together.

'You're so sweet,' George giggled. 'I really love you. Thank you for coming with me to my school, I was very anxious so I'm glad I could be with you during every class.'

'That's all good, I like sitting at school because I had to quit but never disliked school,' I mumbled. 'I get a bit sad because of my stomach sometimes, I wish to be in school.'

George pulled me closer and ran his fingers over my sticker on my tube softly. 'But you need a little more care right now which is fine too. You're very smart and you became a streamer!'

'Does my tube make me ugly?' I sighed as I sat down on a bench.

George shook his head heavily and ran his fingers from my ear to my nose, following my tube. 'You look just as perfect with your tube as without it.'

I smiled softly and sat with him for a little, then we walked to the store again. I made a list with foods I wanted to buy and walked into the store. George went with me and helped me pick out the stuff I needed as he suddenly froze.

I turned around to see him and he parted our locked hands, staring at two people in front of him. He immediately stepped back and I grabbed his shoulder, looking confused as I let him hide behind me.

'What?' I mumbled as I turned myself to him.

'My parents,' he whispered so quietly that only I could hear it.

'Oh gosh...' I sighed as I looked at the people in front of me. 'Get away from him.'

⚠️ Emotional abuse
⚠️ Homophobia (F-slur)/ableism

'You have nothing to say, anorexic faggot.'

'I don't have anorexia, idiot!' I yelled at his mother. 'And leave me and him alone, right now. He did stupid stuff he regrets now, WOW, the world will end.'

'I'm not listening to a guy who doesn't even know how to eat,' she scoffed as she pushed me away.

'That's actually such a bad insult. I know how to eat, but my PARALYSED stomach doesn't know how to digest it. Anyway, leave please.'

Suddenly his dad stepped in and pushed George's mother to the side, running to George. When I looked better, I saw his whole face was bruised, his arm had nails marks on them and a bruise next to that.

I let him go to George since he didn't seem mean like her and he grabbed him by his cheek, giving him a kiss on his face. 'I missed you so much, I didn't want this. I really didn't want this and I didn't know where you were and then-.'

'He did want this!' his mother yelled back.

⚠️ Over

I got sick of her and signed for a cashier to come to us. They came up to us and nodded slowly. 'What's wrong?'

'This woman kicked her son out and she's now trying to contact him again, being really rude. Please, get her out of here,' I scoffed.

The cashier man nodded and grabbed her hand, forcefully removing her from the store.

George's dad had tears in his eyes as he pulled George in for a hug. 'She started hurting me when I wanted to go to you. I tried to find you but I had no idea where you went. I already asked for a divorce, but it's taking time.'

George didn't say much and just stared a bit while his dad held him. 'I love you no matter what and I would have stuck up for you if I was at home, I'm so sorry,' he whispered with tears in his eyes.

George smiled softly and then grabbed his dad's hand. 'It's okay, dad. It's not your fault and I missed you a lot. Thank you for accepting me, I'm really glad to see you again.'

'Where have you been?' he asked.

'On the streets and now I'm living with Clay,' George answered as he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. 'This is Clay.'

'Hi!' his dad smiled, trying his hardest to be kind to us. 'You look great! I like your sweatpants, shirt and the sticker on your tube.'

'Thanks, sir,' I giggled as I held George tightly.

'I'm so sorry for what she just said to you, you look great with the tube too,' he apologised. 'I hope you feel okay.'

'I was buying some things my stomach can digest more easily since it's partly or maybe even fully paralysed. That's why I have the tube, it goes to my intestines.'

'I'm so sorry to hear that. How can I make it up to you what she did? I'll pay for your groceries!' he nodded, doing everything he could to make us like him.

'Dad, calm down. It's fine, no one of us is mad at you. I'm just mad at her,' George added in as he smiled.

His dad sighed. 'I'm so sorry that you stayed on the streets, I would have never let this happen but I could find you,' he whispered. 'Have you been okay?'

'I'm doing better now, I'm recovering,' he replied.

'Recovering?'

George shrugged and sighed softly. 'From addiction and some other things, but I'm motivated to quit and be free. Don't think I used drugs or anything, I used to smoke but I quit a short while back.'

'I'm so proud of you,' his dad exclaimed, hugging him again. 'Can I do anything for you? I will pay for the groceries.'

I just accepted it since he really wanted to and George was only smiling as he looked at me. 'I really missed him,' he mumbled as he hugged me.

'I'm really happy for you,' I answered, holding him gently. 'I love you a lot and I love it when you're happy.'

'I love you too.'

1088 words