//23//

(Ignore my mistakes)

❤✌️❤
__________________________________

Shehnaaz's POV..

(5 years later)

"Nick you better hurry or else you'll miss the bus", I yelled from downstairs, setting up the breakfast on the table..
I didn't hear his reply, just his rushing footsteps... I shake my head, he will get late if he doesn't hurry...

I looked at the time... He only has half an hour left until his bus comes... You all must be thinking that half an hour is a hell lot of time and that he will have time left even after he finished eating his food at a slower pace and blah, blah, blah... But hey a mother will always be a mother...

We tend to get overdramatic when it comes to our child... I heard him coming down downstairs... He entered the dining area...

"Mom there is plenty of time left", he groaned, plopping down on the chair... Yes, he calls me mom now... He started to call me mom after two years of his parent's death...

"Don't argue with me mister", I put my hands on my waist to look scary but I know it won't work on him...

"sorry", he pecked my cheeks and grinned at me... I smiled at him and ruffled his hair... I served him bacon and pancakes with coffee and he devoured them quickly...

When he was busy finishing his breakfast, I took him in... He has grown a lot in the last five years... He was a child when I adopted him but now he is all grown up...

He is 14 years old now and his body has started to groom... He was so small then, his height was up to my waist when I took him in, now he has grown so tall that I barely reach his shoulders...

His body started growing in the last year and it left all of us stunned. At school, his classmates used to make fun of him because he was smaller in comparison to
them but when he hit his puberty it took us by surprise that he grew so much taller in just a year...

His face has lost its innocence appearance... His facial features have sharpened like a man... He has his fair share of girls falling at his feet but he is not interested in them... He is always
concentrating on his studies... He is so unlike those teenagers who misbehave and for that I'm thankful...

I sighed... My baby is grown up and he'll start to go to high school from this summer...

"What?", he asked when he caught me looking at him... I shoot my head and murmured "nothing" and went to clean the dish...

"Baby I'm going now... Make sure to lock the door when you leave", I told him as I grabbed my purse... I rushed to open the door as someone rang the bell...

I smiled when the face of the visitor came into view. "Mark", I jumped on him and circled myself on him like a koala...

Mark laughed at my childish actions... And yes this the same Mark who is my douche of an ex-boyfriend, the one who dumped me after taking my virginity...

I met him again when I was grocery shopping with Nick... It was a few days after I adopted Nick... At first, I kicked him in the shin and said that he deserved it...

He apologized to me for treating me that way... And he said that he feels like shit for that... I forgave him because he was persistent and sincere...

He was already married when we met again and I'm happy for him...

He is a well-known lawyer now.. We continued to meet each other and on the second visit to my home, he brought his wife, Melissa with him... Melissa is a lawyer too but she quit after she gave birth to a beautiful daughter who is four years old now...

They were on a business trip when I met them... After that, they went back to their city and we continue to talk through video calls...

After I graduated with the top result, I got job opportunities from different big hospitals... The best one was in the same city as Mark and he offered that I should purchase the house next to his house...

I agreed with him and sold my house back in Ohio and moved here to California... Mark and Nick both helped in taking my mind off of sidharth....

I packed all of his stuff and gift in a box, hiding it in the deepest darkest corner of my closet... I have finally accepted that he will never come back and that he is my past now... I let him go but I didn't forget him not did I forget his rejection...

I still love him as much as I loved him five years ago... I tried to hate him but it is impossible for me to hate him... So I build the wall all around my heart... I keep my distance from male species so they don't have any chance of hurting me...

I won't repeat the same mistake like before. I'll never let anyone in.. Never again.... Never trust a man... I learned that in a hard way...

__________________________________

That's it for today ❤🥰

Will regularly update,...✌️😇

Vote❤✨❤

And

Comments,😇✌️bhout sara karna