(4) A Match

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Taehyung only downloaded the Canoodle app because something inside him was tingling. It wasn't because Taehyung was curious, he simply had to try it out for himself just so he could understand what it was all about.

No, definitely not curious. 

The concept was simple enough. He specified the age range and gender he was interested in, and Canoodle would find matches for him based on the distance within which he wanted to search. Once it had found some appropriate people, the app would show him someone's profile, a few pictures and a short bio and any mutual interests. 

If he wasn't interested, he swiped their picture to the left and the profile would disappear forever. If he liked them, tap on the heart on the right corner. Eventually they'd see his profile in their collection of matches. 

If they happened to tap the heart below his profile as well, it would announce that they were a cuddle match, and a conversation would be opened. Since a mutual attraction had already been established, there was no need to wonder if the other person liked him back. He could have a chat on the app and then decide if he wanted to organise a date in person.

Of course, Taehyung didn't intend to use the app to meet anyone, he just wanted to have a look. To test the app, he decided to look for men between the ages of 18 and 28, within 50 miles of his apartment in Gangnam.

And Canoodle delivered.

Taehyung was actually stunned at the results. The men on Canoodle were bloody gorgeous! Thank God for living in Gangnam! In such a big, bustling city he had a very nice collection of profile pictures to look through, showing handsome, well-travelled, accomplished young men from all over the world who were living in his area and looking to meet someone. It was such an incredible collection of handsome single men that Taehyung couldn't quite bring himself to uninstall the programme once he'd finished figuring it out. It seemed a shame to waste such a treasure trove of opportunity.

Not that he planned to use it to meet anyone.

First off, although Canoodle had become a viable cuddling app recently, it seemed to have started its life as a way to find quick 'cuddles'. And although many men's profiles claimed they were 'looking for love' Taehyung didn't feel comfortable pursuing a relationship through Canoodle. 

What if he went out to meet someone and they expected more than he was willing to offer on a first date?

But more importantly, these men were just too handsome. They would never go for someone like Taehyung, and he didn't want to show any interest when he would get none in return. He could swipe a thousand of these men to the right, and get no matches in return. It would be humiliating and soul crushing, and he didn't want to put himself through it.

So Taehyung spent a few days scrolling the profiles Canoodle provided for him. He was shown some of the most attractive men he'd ever seen, and yet he swiped them all to the left, to save his own pride. They wouldn't have been interested in him anyway.