(10) The Phone Call

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

There was nothing as intimidating as Jungkook's phone at the moment. 

It was a strange stance to suddenly take and what was about to happen now was going to be a lot different.  

They often found themselves texting each other long into the night, Jungkook stifling giggles into his pillow from Taehyung's smooth flirting. He patiently read through every sporadic, random rant and delivered his own in response that gave Jungkook new, interesting perspectives. At this point, it was impossible to imagine his routine without shooting or receiving a message from Taehyung in the morning and at night. But they had recently decided to take it a step further.

A phone call. They had never even heard each other's voices before, both too shy to send a voice note. But recently, as the months had gone on, they had found each other wondering what it would be like to call each other on the phone and speak a bit. If they were both up to it, then there was no problem, right? 

The only real issue was that Taehyung was surprisingly stingy on a few issues, it had to be late at night, he had to ring first, they had to keep their voices down. But once that was ironed out, there would be nothing stopping them. All Jungkook had to do was wait for that phone call.

Naivety though, utter naivety, because Jungkook had been so preoccupied with organising the call itself that he hadn't even considered his massive, fat crush on him! Or was it a crush? Was it really? Maybe he was just a bit attached to him but it hardly mattered because Taehyung was way out of his league and he would never know. Oh! but Jungkook didn't want to sound like a fool on the phone to him and what if he said something really stupid or Taehyung thought his voice sounded weird or-

Jungkook's phone rang. 

He scrambled to pick up his buzzing phone before the call ended. Answering, he couldn't help but sound a little breathless.

"Hello?"

"Nice to meet you, Jungkookie"

Taehyung's voice. It was strange to describe. 

He had a deep voice, one that gave him an air of solid confidence and was so very easy on the ears. It was the kind of deep voice that is so very easy to fall in love with, that auditory caramel. His raspy voice had a deep timbre, the kind that anchors one soul a single moment in time. 

Jungkook supposed to anyone else, it would just be the average voice of any passing stranger but to him, it sounded like fresh honey drizzle. Even hushed and gentle, it was a gift to Jungkook's tired ears, well worth staying up for. It sounded- good .

Jungkook laughed lightly.

"This isn't your first time meeting me, silly" He rolled over in bed, hugging a pillow for support. 

"It's only the first time hearing me" He said. 

"Still, quite the change, don't you think? I am not used to hearing you like this"