(11) The first date

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

The longer Jungkook waited, the more he checked his reflection in the camera on his phone.  

He had spent much longer than usual making sure he looked perfect- that his makeup was prettier, not quite the smudged mess he usually liked it to be, but instead using shades to stand out. His outfit was neat and clean and without wrinkles, which was usually a rarity when it came to Jungkook's clothes.   

Usually, Jungkook couldn't care less about impressing people. Sure, he didn't like to stand out and draw too much– positive or negative– attention, but he still mostly wore whatever he wanted.  

But today, he decided to make an effort, because he had a date.  

A date!  

Oh, what a wonderful surprise.  

Taehyung had asked him out once again and of course Jungkook wouldn't say no. They were meeting today for the very first time for their first date. 

And how would Jungkook say no when all their time texting and calling, Taehyung was nothing but good to him, he was friendly and extroverted and had a pretty smile that made Jungkook's heart skip a beat in his chest. Why would he say no? And most importantly, Jungkook had an obvious crush on him and so did Taehyung. 

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

Jungkook's heart sped up and tried to jump out of his chest. His hands were getting clammy in a nanosecond. Oh damn, if he'd only known how insanely hot Taehyung was in real? How could Taehyung's pictures didn't justice to this guy? This guy was pure sex on legs! 

Taehyung turned around and looked over. When he made eye contact, Jungkook stopped breathing, and Taehyung's gaze lingered on him, travelling quickly down to the parts he can see behind him and then up to his face again. 

Jungkook forced himself to smile, to not just stare like an idiot and the other smiled back. It was a small smile and it looked so damn soft and nice and Jungkook needed to see this close and not across him, so far away from him! 

As if he could read his mind, Taehyung started making his way through and Jungkook swallowed thickly at how nice the shirt hugged his broad shoulders and the slim torso. This guy emanated self confidence and elegance and style and although it was quite intimidating, Jungkook couldn't believe that this was his date! He rolled his shoulders, straightened his back and took a deep breath, before he got up.

Taehyung was walking in his direction, still looking at him with that tiny smile around his lips.

His heartbeat was so loud, Jungkook feared people around them might actually hear it. 

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

Taehyung wasn't sure if he was having a mini heart attack from excitement or just plain stupidity. Can you blame him? It's only been a week since his phone call with Jungkook. And he was lucky enough to be on the getting-to-know-each-other stage rather than being rejected right on the spot. Although his brother kept nagging on how he should go on a date, Taehyung hadn't mentioned anything about meeting the younger to Namjoon or Jin, he couldn't or they would be just too happy and Taehyung couldn't handle it at the moment.