(19) Goofy

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

A mottle of baby blue and white, blended to fashion the favourite morning grey, adorned the newborn sky. Golden threads of morning light transform the night dreaming into an ambient optimism.

7 o'clock on a Monday morning is a gentle knock on the bathroom door he had slammed shut just a few minutes earlier, a tap, tap, tap, to ring in the sunshine, a new week of work, and a reminder that Jeon Jungkook is in love with Kim Taehyung.

The first time it happens Jungkook is startled out of the quiet in the bathroom, one hand on the faucet and the other brushing his teeth to a very rushed 'happy birthday' in his head because old habits die hard and how else is he supposed to know how long to brush his teeth since he learned it that way as a kid. 

He'd gotten used to rolling out of bed and hoping he had an only semi-wrinkled shirt available all on his own for so long that he half forgets he's not alone in here anymore. Because Kim Taehyung is more constant than the morning sunrise at this point. Now, every day, Jungkook wakes up, brushes his teeth only half as long as he's probably supposed to, and ushers in the morning at the same time he ushers Taehyung into their itty bitty, way too tiny for two grown men-sized bathroom.

Today is no exception, he's prepared now, and the gentle tap, tap, tap, swells something sweet in his chest. 

"Do you think you'd still love me if all of my teeth fell out?" 

"Morning Jungkookie" 

"Because I had this ridiculous dream last night, well nightmare's more like it, where I just-" Jungkook pauses, ducks his head just a bit to spit his toothpaste, then perks back up no less enthused to continue, 

"Lost all my teeth. Would you believe that?" 

"No, but I have a feeling you're going to elaborate" Taehyung inquires passively, paying his boyfriend's frantic state no mind as he taps a spoon on the inside of the mug he's holding. 

"I think subconsciously I've been really worried about my own personal dental hygiene ever since Jimin hyung came up to my desk crying about the cavity the dentist told him he had last week" Jungkook shrugs, his hair flopping with the motion in the way he reaches to put his toothbrush away, always in its spot next to Taehyung's, and then leans over for the comb he never puts back in the right spot, 

"But anyway, would you still love me? Hypothetically?" 

Taehyung shrugs now, leaning against the doorframe. 

"You are talking about the boyfriend who has loved you through far worse phases than a theoretical missing tooth" 

"All my teeth, hyungie" Jungkook nods on the serious of the situation, and Taehyung's smile quirks in a way Jungkook knows means he's biting back a laugh.