(12) Wine and dine

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"Hyung, I've got to go. He'll be here soon"

Jungkook glanced up from what he was doing to see exactly what he'd anticipated. His elder brother was pouting.

"I thought you said the date was for seven?" He said and maybe even whined. 

"It's only six-thirty"

"Because I'll have to argue for at least ten minutes before you'll let me hang up and I'm still not dressed for the date?" Jungkook gestured at himself and his apron, leaning back so the camera could get a better shot of his current appearance.

Of course, it did nothing to discourage Yoongi. He suspected he was hanging on in hopes of seeing Jungkook's date. Yoongi's curiosity was getting the better of him and Jungkook wasn't ready for that yet. After all, Jungkook wasn't rushing headlong into anything until he was sure Taehyung was good with it too. 

"This is the guy you met on that app, right?" Yoongi sat back in his chair, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

"Hyung"

"Okay, okay" He held his hands up in surrender. 

"I'll stop"

Part of the reason Jungkook wasn't quite ready to share Taehyung just yet was that, besides his mild concerns about him, it was too soon for that. Perhaps a little selfish of him but he wasn't quite prepared to share either of them with the other, at least until Jungkook knew what the terms were and had a better idea of how his and Taehyung's relationship was going to turn out. 

"I really have to go, he'll be here-" As though prompted by his words, his phone buzzed in his back pocket. He pulled it out, holding a hand up to quiet Yoongi for a moment. 

"Taehyung?"

"Hey- Sorry, I'm a little early" He sounded kind of sheepish. 

"That okay?"

"That's fine" Jungkook said, crossing to the controls for the door downstairs and hitting the button to buzz him in. 

"Just don't mind if I have to run off and get changed for our date"

Yoongi was leaning forward as though he could somehow see around the tablet and see where he'd gone when he returned to the screen. He was also grinning like an idiot. 

"That's him, right?"

"Someone else there?" Taehyung asked nonchalantly. 

Jungkook heard the way the echoes of Taehyung's voice changed as he entered the foyer of his apartment building. His footsteps stopped, pausing while he got an answer. It occured to Jungkook briefly that maybe he was jealous?

"No, I have my kind of nosy brother on the other line, that's all"

"Nosy?" Yoongi pouted.

"Ahh- it was apartment eight, right?" His footsteps started again and Jungkook was pretty sure he caught a note of relief in his voice. Maybe Jungkook was imagining things. Or hoping. Or something.