snow bird

Mileena
------

Mileena exited her cell as soon as possible making a dash for the door when she stopped, her eyes moving to the lin kuei girl.

Mileena: maybe....

Khameleon followed her gaze qnd the looked back with a hint of suspicion

Khameleon: maybe what, if your thinking of killing her then do it quickly,  ssssshe doessssn't deserve to sssssuffer

Mileena shook her head quickly
Mileena: no! I'm not killing her.... but maybe we should bring her with us.... you know as a bargaining chip perhaps

She added that last bit of justification quickly as she got another sidelong glance from the saurien.

Khameleon:issss that the reasssson huh? Nothing elssssse you'd want to kidnap her for?

Mileena shuddered at the words.
Mileena: please don't say it like that.

Kneeling down she hoisted the girl up, Éan was surprisingly light weight and easy to carry.

Mileena: come on, we need to get my child and escape this Blasted tundra!

Khameleon: I couldn't agree more, I jussst wish that sssssecond part were eassssier.

Mileena nodded as she carried the limp woman in her arms, bridal style.

The two warriors made there was quickly and stealthily towards the main lin kuei stronghold, each still recovering their lost strength from their time imprisoned.

Mileena attempted her teleport many times only now realizing how much she relied on it, the lack of it made carrying Éan very inconvenient,  but she refused to drop her.

Khameleon on the other hand simply scampered up the wall without a problem,  however her camouflage seemed to shift at random,  a myriad of familer looking outfits flashing across her body.

It was odd to see the old stuff again,  back when she had worn the same outfit as Kitna. She had been attempting to create some cute twin moments but this obviously ended I'm failure.

The worked their way slowly across the grounds, doing their best to avoid the roaming patrols.

It was a good 5 minutes before mileena saw it, through a lit window she saw her y/n, sitting alone with a sad expression painting their usually happy face.

She had been away from her little sun spot for far too long.

Mileena: their, their they are!
Mileena whisper yelled as she began to dash towards the window. Khameleon had to sprint to keep up with the worried monster mother.

Focusing all her strength mileena closed her eyes and focused her mind on moving through the fabric of space, on being in the room next to her child.

With a 'wumpf' of displaced air and the sound of magic mileena felt herself appear.

Unfortunately her momentum carried her forward,  forcing her head to collide with the wall

Mileena: ow, damnit!
Her head pulsed with pain but that wasn't important right now, what was important....

Y/n: momma!

Mileena: y/n!

The child embraced her midsection and she returned the embrace.

It was a perfect moment,  except for the fact that Éan was suddenly no longer in her arms.

Khameleon: hey, I didn’t sign on to Cary your swooning damsel,  now let's get going, this place is still crawling with icy bastards!

At the sudden yelling y/n instinctively hid behind mileena,  filling the woman with that same feeling of joy that they felt safest with her.

Mileena: I know.... oh right,  y/n, this is khameleon,  she's kind of annoying but she helped me get back to you

Y/n peaked out from behind her and gave a small wave.

Khameleon became opaque enough to see and gave a small wave.

Khameleon: hello little one, as touching ad this is we need to go now, if we stick around....

???: y/n, are you alright in there?
A young female voice asked from the other side of the door

Khameleon:........ssssssshit