Chapter 17

".. Log in"

Today is Yuki's awaited day. The day of the World Tournament Event.

It's been ten days already since the first announcement of the Event.

The day when it was announced, many had been so hyped up to the point that the majority of players in YGGDRASIL have been expected to participate.

The only reason why there are still some players that did not is either because, they are still low level, or don't have any good types of equipment.

But the ones that are almost or already at the peak and have really good equipment, will surely join.

There's no way that any player will let this event pass through them without even joining or at least trying. Especially after the rewards have been announced.

Not only the winners will get a Unique Job class, but the Developers will also give a special piece of equipment, befitting the status of a World Tournament Champion.

That's why all the Players are going crazy. They're doing all the things they can just so they can make themselves even more strong. They're grinding materials, buying all the important stuff, and leveling up all the classes that they need to level up.

Every participant is desperate. If it's an item that might increase their chance of winning even by the slightest, they'll do anything to get it. Anything just for the sake of winning.

Of course, with this kind of environment, Yuki wasn't an exemption. Even though he's expecting this day and already planning about it even from the very first day he started playing this game, he still did some last-minute preparations just in case something did not go as he planned.

He still doesn't know the rules and the criteria, so there might be something different compare to what he except the World Tournament is going to be like. Even though he already knows that this Event will happen at some point, he's still going in with a blind eye, just like any other Players.

But his preparation compares to the others is pretty minor. It's just all about checking some leaked informations and stuff. Nothing about his character or anything like that. He did grind and find materials, but he's always doing that so what he did during these past days is not really for the Tournament.

Unlike anyone, he had long prepared the pieces of equipment he'll use for this very day. Like at least a year ago. He's just making some constant upgrades and variations in it. It's like a year-old pair of items that have been carefully brewed with high-grade materials till this very point.

But since the awaited day is finally here, none of that matters any longer. Now is the day of revelations. Yuki can finally see if what he did during these Two years are already enough.

The outcome of this Event will change Yuki's upcoming decisions and plans for the future. Even the Plans he already made will be affected as well.

But either way, Yuki has no intention of losing this Event.

*Murmurs*

"... Now, where are those idiots."

Yuki is currently standing in the middle of the 'Waiting Room' inside the YGGDRASIL.

He can see a lot of Players around. Some are meeting with their friends, some are minding their own business, and some are just doing nothing at all, which is weird.

*Tut*

While looking around, Yuki suddenly received a notification from his console. He opens up his console and checks the notification list.