VII : "Family Reunion" On Steroids

//TW : mentions of injur1es, mem0ry pr0bl3ms, n3glect, abvs3 and cigar3tt3s! Heavy angst for this chapter! //

Purpled adjusts his position and holds onto Tommy's hand. "Hold on, Tommy.." the latter on only huffs as his sight blurrs even more. Purpled jumps down on the ground, leaving their high ground, wich would've been a bad idea if they need it. Luckily they don't. "Fuck,, you're passing out, Tommy. Stay calm, I'm getting you home." Right as Purpled speaks his last word, Tommy passes out. Shit. A wave of cigarette smoke crashes into Purpled's face, making him cough. "Looks like your friend's injured. I can help, if you want me to." Purpled raised an eyebrow as his fit of coughs calmed down. "My name is Wilbur Soot. I have studied medicine and ended up becoming one of the local musicians who play at local concerts." The older greets them and crouches down to Tommy.

"What's your names?" 'Wilbur Soot' asks as he pulls out some bandages from his backpack and starts to treat Tommy's injuries. "My name is Purpled. That's Tommy, or TommyInnit." Purpled sighs before continuing. "You also may know us under lavenderd and Tomathy or Thomas and Violet or maybe even Toms and Purp." Wilbur stops for a second before asking where they came from. "Dunno, both orphans." Purpled shrugs and looks down at Tommy. "What's your guy's last name?" "Mines Gray, Tommy, funny enough, doesn't remember and supposes he has none." Wilbur's expression darkens, "One last question, siblings?" Purpled huffs.

"Geez man, why do you wanna know all this?! But Tommy has two older brothers and I have none as far as I'm aware." "Names?" Purpled hits Wilbur's arm playfully, "That's the last one." Wilbur stops tending to Tommy's wounds and looks up at Purpled. "Tommy told me he called them Blade and uhh.. Wilby..? I think.." The older frowns as he tucked the bandages away. "Now you're not gonna believe me, at all, but I might be your friends older brother. You just need to tell me one thing.. Was he neglected from his father and send to aftertown orphanage by his older brothers?" Purpled scratches his head, "I reckon so, yea.." Wilbur cracks a smile. "But I would just move on, he won't remember you anyways" Purpled smiles back up at Wilbur as the other tilts his head in confusion.

"Memory problems. On some days, he doesn't even remember me." the blond chuckles a little, Wilbur on the other hand, only strokes Tommy's hair. "Still, can I come home with you guys?" "Yea sure, let's let a weird man into our 100,- abode, no thanks." Purpled jokes as wilbur only rolls his eyes. "Sure, it's over there." Purpled stands up and picks Tommy up bridal style. They walk to the entrance of their apartment complex and up to their humble abode. "Oh wow, this is horrible! There's water leaks everywhere! You live here!?" Purpled nods and puts Tommy down on their couch/sofa. "it's enough for us, do you live in a Mansion or something?" Wilbur shakes his head, "My home is not far from here, I still live with father."

Purpled nods again and storms into the kitchen. "Forgot,, shit. D'you want a coffee?!" He shouts through the wall, ehem, perfectly soundproof walls.. "Sure, one espresso please" The man answers. After a few minutes, Purpled came back with coffee. "There ya go." Wilbur thanks him and drinks his coffee. "Relatively good." He states and Purpled bows sarcasticly. "Learned it from Tubbo, one of the owners of Bee & Boo." "Ah, the local Coffeeshop?" "Yup. Tubbo's one of Tommy's closest friends." Wilbur frowns, "What do you do for a living?" Purpled hesitantly answers the male "Robbing other shops.. You know.. Fighting crime with crime.." He laughs to himself at Tommy's slogan, looks like his attitude is rubbing of off him, hah.

Wilbur's expression was just unreadable, it was some sort of mixture of confused, weirded out, proud and.. sad? What did he say, just unreadable. "So you're Vigilantes?" Purpled confirms his assumptions and shoves Tommy to the side, so he can sit down too. "Ah, brother is also a Vigilante, number one most feared by the way, I rarely see him because of that, he's always on the run.." Purpled clears his throat, "As far as I remember, Tommy told me that you send him there because your dad didn't return?" Wilbur hums. "Did your dad return anytime soon after you send 'em there?" "Ehhm, two months after, yes."

"And you didn't get him back." Wilbur confirms the things he had just said. "Pfft, no fucking way, why." "Because me and brother had thought he would be better off without us." Purpled's eyes widen "No way, you're kidding. You're kidding! I was physically abused and my four year old self had to call child protection services and I had no way to get back to my family. Tommy had hope! Everyday in this bitch of an orphanage he would wake up and tell me 'Today might be the day! The day they're getting us both out of here.' and oh boy I had to drag him out of there when we ran away, because he still had hope! And you just decided to not get him out of there. Are you insane?!" Purpled snaps at Wil who looks to be in full shock.

"You monster." Purpled growls. "I mean.. Wouldn't it be terrible to grow up with a father who is barely home?" Wilbur argues "No! This orphanage didn't even try to treat his memory problems, we both now have severe anxiety and it would've been better to have a family, maybe you and your brother would've helped tommy get through everything! Now I had to do it! Because no one cared there. No one!" Purpled whines, and buries his face in his hands. "Go! Hush! Out of this apartment! If you feel the need to taunt us then come back tomorrow! But run! Just leave! Fucking leave!" Purpled curls up next to Tommy. Wilbur reluctantly stands up and heads to the door. "Sorry, tell Toms I'm sorry."

Well, they don't get along, huh?

Hello lovelies! I just wanna clarify that I am in no way shipping Purpled and Tommy. Sad that I have to clarify, but still. Maybe a little platonic shit, but still. No sexual or relationship crap. Love you guys! <3