Arc 1 Chapter 7: Quirks and Apologies

A few months have passed. Izuku had finished his training in America. His muscles had grown a bit more. It was time for him to return to Japan. They finally made it back home. Izuku opened the door to a big surprise. He saw his mom kissing Toshinori. Needless to say he was shocked to see this.

"MOM?!?!" Izuku shouted in surprise.

This startled the both of them. Nana chuckled.

"Well, you two finally tied the knot," she commented.

Inko then ran towards Izuku as she hugged him tightly.

"I missed you, my baby boy!" Inko said.

"I missed you too mom," Izuku said.

"Have you been eating dear?" Inko asked, "You look thin."

"Mom..." Izuku said, embarrassed.

"Looks like you made a name for yourself in America boy," Toshinori said.

He turned on the news revealing the story about the hero "Deku" saving the day.

The news revealed an old man.

"Ever since these quirks came along there has been nothing but trouble! Now there's this eleven year old boy who goes by the name Deku showing these heroes up! And he's fighting alongside a dragon, some tall lady and an old speedy midget! This Deku seems to be showing how heroism is TRULY done! Take notes heroes! Especially you, Star and Stripes! Maybe all heroes should learn to fight quirkless to avoid any weaknesses! Like, seriously! I just know this boy is gonna be number one somewhere!"

Izuku chuckled.

"So what's this about?" Izuku asked as he motioned to Inko and Toshinori holding hands.

"Izuku...Toshi and I have gotten together since you began your training," Inko told him with a smile, "It all started ever since you called him Dad in your sleep."

Izuku smiled at this thought.

"So does this mean I'm gonna have the No 1 hero as my dad?" Izuku asked.

"Should things go well, yes," Inko answered.

"Well, the time has come young Midoriya," Toshinori said.

"Time to receive your quirk?" Izuku asked.

Toshinori nodded.

"Be proud Midoriya, you had it different from someone who had power from the start," he said, "no, you earned your power because you put in hard work, dedication and........ hard work."

"You said hard work twice!" Gran Torino said.

"That's because he put in twice as much work as dedication," Toshinori said.

Izuku smiled. Toshinori pulled a piece of hair out and held it in his hand.

"Eat this!" he said.

"Wait, what?" Izuku said.

Gran Torino bursted out in laughter. Nana joined in the laughter laughing just as loud as Gran Torino was.

"To inherit my power you have to swallow some of my DNA, that's how it works," Toshinori explained.

"Hey Mom?" Izuku asked.

"I'm on it." Inko said as she got a bottle of water and gave it to Izuku.

"Ok, bottoms up,"

Izuku then put the strand of hair in his mouth as he quickly chugged the water.

"Strange... nothing happened," Izuku said.

"Well that's because the quirk will take a while to digest." Nana said.

The doorbell rang, Inko answered it and saw none other than Mitsuki Bakugou.

"Mitsuki, what a surprise," she said.

Behind her was Katsuki. He slowly stepped forward.

"Dek...... no... Izuku?"

Izuku looked at him. Katsuki took a few seconds then he bowed down.

"I'm sorry for all the pain I put you through." Katsuki said.

Izuku was confused.

"Wait, what?"

"I said I'm sorry," Katsuki said.

Mitsuki smiled knowing that her 'brat' was finally learning his lesson about friendship.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you," Katsuki continued, "I just heard the story that your quirk was coming late and you were a late bloomer."

Inko and Mitsuki were watching the two of them talk.

"But instead of hearing that, I just jumped to conclusions, and I treated you like shit, and I shouldn't have done that," Katsuki said, "All I wanna do is make things right and reclaim our friendship.. if you'll let me."

Izuku thought for a moment.

"....No," Izuku said, "But..... join me and Sho-kun at the arcade this weekend, then we'll talk."

"Sounds fair. I'll make it up to you one way or another." Katsuki said.

"Just uh... don't approach Sho-kun too suddenly and destroy the arcade." Izuku said. "And don't act too calm, I know for a fact that nitroglycerin can slow your heart rate down."

"What do you meeeeeeaaaaaahaaaaaeeee..." Katsuki said as he was getting rather woozy.

Izuku chuckled as he fell to the ground. The only thing that mattered was that Izuku was getting his life back together.

Another year and a half had passed since that day. Izuku and Katsuki started to get on good terms with each other, although Shoto kept his eye on him. Izuku had also spent a lot of time training with his newfound quirk. The first time he used it, he broke his right arm. Fortunately there was a woman who could heal it.

Izuku started lowering the output to where he could handle the power. As he first started he could use about 5%. But after some training with the quirk, now he can handle up to 30-40% of the quirk without any drawbacks. However he felt like there was something missing with it. One day Izuku was at the beach training once more with the quirk. Toshinori arrived.

"Oh hey Toshinori," Izuku said with a smile.

"Young Midoriya, I see you're getting a handle on 35%," Toshinori said.

"Yea, I'm hoping to reach 40% by the day of the entrance exams," Izuku said.

"Well, according to Gran Torino and Nana, you said there was something you wanted to try perfecting with the quirk," Toshinori said.

"Yeah. I wish I could mix it with the martial arts I've learned, but I'm not sure how to do it." Izuku said, "But there's something else."

"What is it?" Toshinori asked.

"I've noticed something about how I've been using the quirk," Izuku said, "I've only been summoning it to the limb I wanna use it on, like my arms to perform a powerful blow. But then I started paying attention to your two forms. Right now I'm like you, in a weak form, and yet I still have the power inside me. However, instead of just calling it when I need it, I should do it like your muscle form, and focus the power all around me that way my entire body can adjust to the power. Like this!"

Izuku took a deep breath. He then channeled the quirk around his entire body. Green sparks were dancing around him and his skin was starting to grow slightly. His quirk had fully cowled around his entire body with the percentage he was able to control.

"Ahhhh you you've come up with THIS type of technique," All Might said, "This is impressive. It will help a lot with the backlash of the quirk. What do you think you'll call it."

"Hmm..... Oh I know, Full Cowling!" Izuku said, "I can use about 25% of OFA while still moving. However if I wanna go for more power, I can raise the output for a short amount of time."

"I'm quite amazed that you grasped so much of the power," Toshinori said.