Arc 3 Chapter 4: The Tournament of Champions

After a small lunch break, it was time for the final round of the sports festival. It was going to be a tournament of fights. 2 contestants would face each other in different matches. The first one was Izuku vs Shinso.

"So its finally come to this," Izuku said.

"Yes, it looks like it," Shinso said, "Your quirk is pretty useful. Its a shame you constantly break your bones when you use them."

Izuku was about to speak, but then came to the realization that he might use his quirk on him. So he replied with an alternative. Sign language. With the sign language he said;

'I've been working on that. Now let's cut the chatter and fight.'

Ojiro saw this and said, "Fuck! I could've thought of that."

"Language!" Iida said.

Izuku got in a fighting stance, activating Full Cowling at 10%. Shinso had his capture cloth ready. He aimed at Izuku and threw a piece of it at him. Izuku smirked. He then channeled up more power in his quirk. He then reappeared right in front of Shinso and pushed him with only a finger.

"Midoriya advances!!" Midnight said.

Izuku went over to help Shinso, offering him a hand.

"No hard feelings right?" he asked.

"I guess," Shinso said, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?"

"Midoriya, why did you choose me to be switched to the hero course?" Shinso asked, "There's dozens of other students with great quirks who would stand more of a chance than I would."

"Because your quirk is very useful and it just didn't seem fair that you couldn't have a chance to try it out." Izuku told him, "It doesn't matter what kind of quirk you have or what kind of skills you possess. What matters is that you're here for people who need a hero. You CAN be a hero."

Shinso smiled at this.

"Thanks Midoriya." He then walked off, satisfied with Izuku's words, "Another thing, Midoriya. You better win this, because next time won't be so easy for you."

There had been other matches that went on afterwards. Mina went against Aoyama and beat him by sliding around on Acid and knocking him out, One Punch Man style. There was also a wrestling match between the manly men.

Up next was Momo bs Tokoyami. She went on stage and joined him. As she walked up she could see Dark Shadow staring at her.

"CLASH!!!" Midnight said.

Momo thought of a strategy. She created a shield for defense. Tokoyami was quick however, and he wouldn't let her attack.

"Dark Shadow!" he said.

Dark shadow rose out and dashed at Momo knocking her out of the way before she could create anything. He then attacked again and again, refusing to give her any time to think of a plan. She tried to get up but Dark Shadow took her arm and threw her out of the arena.

"Yaoyorozu is out of bounds!" Midnight said, "Tokoyami advances!"

Momo was shocked beyond compare. She didn't even get the opportunity to show off what she was capable of. She lost before she even knew it. She could hear her father's voice already in her head.

'You pathetic worthless fool! You bring shame upon the Yaoyorozu family! What kind of woman can't survive in a fight, let alone a tournament!!'

Ashamed of her loss, Yaoyorozu ran to the inside of the stadium. Everyone from 1A saw her. A certain blonde looked at her and laughed.