Logan

He watches them leave, then sighing, running a hand through his hair to brush it out of his face.

Here comes that horrible feeling.

I like him way too much, I've said that before, too.

"Well. Hello, then," he says after a moment, looking at me.

"Uh... Hi," I find myself just looking at his eyes. I don't think we've ever been alone together like this. That thought does not help the butterflies settle.

"I'm sorry about them. They're weird," he laughs a little, looking back over where they had disappeared to. "No, they're ok," I say. I don't know what else to say. This is... Awkward. "Alright, I guess I have to tell you. There's a lot you don't know," he sighs after a moment, turning again to face me.

Should I be scared?

"I don't want to bore you with a lecture, but you need to know. I've decided not to kill you," he says steadily, and I feel my heart rate increase. From fear or butterflies, I'm not sure.

"Mark and Roy support me. But, the thing is, we're now rebels. Targets. In other words, someone's trying to kill us. His name's Nathan," he continues, and my heart skips a beat.

Nathan. That guy he was talking to in the clearing. The guy who he said before would kill him.

"You saw him, I'm sure, when you were eavesdropping," he smiles a little. I guess that was supposed to be a guilt trip.

"Anyway, we're all targets. That's another reason Roy became your bodyguard, you're probably a target as well. We all dropped our missions, Mark and Roy had just finished theirs, actually."

There's a question nagging me. I want to ask. So, naturally, I do, even if it's a bad idea, because I have great judgement.

"Why aren't you killing me?"

The question takes him off guard, and he looks over at me, looking confused. "I don't know myself," he mutters, scratching the back of his head.

His response takes me off guard.

Is it possible...?

No. He doesn't like me. There's no way.

Logan's Point of View

I like her.

How could I let this happen?

Now I'm stuck alone with her. There's no way I'm making a move. Mark wants me to. But no. The affection I feel is... Minimal. It's enough to make me not want to kill her, but nothing more.

Right? Right. Of corse it's right.

"You... Don't know?" she looks at me puzzled. "Yeah. I don't," I don't know what else to say. There's no way I'm telling her. Never in a million years.

"Oh," she says simply.

"Alright, listen, I need to ask you a favor," I say after a moment. I feel really bad, asking her to do this, but if I want to keep her alive...

"Yeah?" oh, great, she's expecting something good. She just lit up like. Fire work.

"I need you to stay away from me. As long as I'm a target, the more I hang out with you, the more danger you're in."

Olivia's Point of View

I feel crushed. I thought maybe, just maybe, he would be asking for help with something important, but... He's just sending me away. What choice do I have but to comply, though?

I don't want to leave him.
I really, really don't want to.

Mostly because he's really hot and I like him, but... He can be a good person, too sometimes.

Weird to say that about a murderer, huh?

I simply nod in response. I'll do what he wants.

"Promise?" he smiled a little. What's he thinking?

"Promise," I nod, and regret hearing how weak my voice is.

Why is it this hard to promise him to leave? He's just another guy I like... Well... Now that I think about it...

Usually I like every guy that comes along, but I didn't like Mark or Roy... Only ever Logan...

But he's just my crush. It could never be a reality. He's never going to want me.

Unless... He does...

But he probably just doesn't want to kill me because I entertain him.... Right?

I hope not... But I think that's about right.