New Secret Agent

"Agent O. Lyons?" I stammered. My dad disregarded me. "She is 16, and I believe this is the best way to keep her safe from him," he continued talking to the person on the phone. "Safe from who?" I asked. He ignored me again. "Hmmm a new murder. Same victim?" he is now entirely off the subject of me. "I don't know if that would work... she might not want to risk her life here .yet," wait is he talking about me? "Yes, sir, I'll talk to her about it. No I do not think she'll agree. Well unless he shows up here, my department has no location on it, no," he said. Who is him? Who is her? Who is my dad?

"Olivia, listen. I have some explaining to do now, don't I," he says, scratching the back of his head. This ticks me off. "You have some explaining to do? You have tons of explaining to do!" I exclaim. He just looks at me sadly. "Just keep quiet for a while. Please," he requests. I comply. I want to know anyway.

"I am a secret agent here at The Resistance. We are currently sitting in The Thesis, which is the headquarters of The Resistance. I have been sworn to secrecy since I got this job; I'm sorry I couldn't tell you before now. Ask any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer," he says, rolling his chair over to me. I ask the first thing that comes to my mind. "Why did you bring me now? And not like, a few years ago?"

My dad flinches when I say this.

Oh boy.

"I guess I have to tell you," he begins.

"Just a few months ago, a string of murders began. A clearly related string of murders. The targets are all 14-18 year-old girls. All murders were preformed with a sword. There has also been a pattern in location. The murders started in Maine, and after 43 murders in 43 states, California is next on the list."

He paused, and my mind began trying to process this. The targets were about my age. The next murder was supposed to happen here, in California.

"The title of the murderer is The Master Assassin. Many also call him the Traitor. Little is known about him, besides that he is 16 and quite skilled."

Ooh 16. My age.

No Olivia. No. Don't think that way. He's an assassin. A murderer.

"He generaly targets girls with important parents who..." he hesitated. "Who...?" I prompted. "Who's parents know things," he finished.

Know things? What things? My father stared at my confused face, looking sorry. "All of our intel is pointing to you as the next target, Olivia," he said, after a momentary pause.

My mind went blank.

Then it went numb.

Then, I blacked out.

I know, I know. Reeaally short chapter. But guess what? I'll be posting on Friday too! I figured since this one is so short, I might as well. It may be Saturday or Sunday, depending on how much time I have, so don't be angry. :)