Chapter 19: The Tests: Part 1

2021- A month later

Jessica woke to find her head pounding as she closed her eyes for a second only to open them again as a wave of nausea hit her as she bolted to the bathroom as she could not help but throw what she ate for last night's dinner, up as she laid down on the floor.

She heard footsteps as she looked up at the face of her husband as he laid down on his stomach to kiss her head.

"I heard you get sick." He said as Jessica covered her eyes to shield the light from blinding her.

"I feel like death." She said as he wet a wash cloth to cool her off.

"I'm sorry that you feel terrible baby, but I brought some crackers up here with me just in case." He said as she smirked a little.

"I guess our romantic evening didn't agree with me." She said.

"I couldn't help myself last night, that outfit you were wearing begged me to take it off of you." He said.

"Sorry that I feel bad, now the kids can't be around me and they'll have to stay with Sarah until I get over this." Jessica said.

"I'd feel better if you called and made an appointment." He said.

"Evan, I just threw up and my head hurts a little bit but other than that, I'm fine." She groaned as he checked her for a fever.

"Well, if you don't insist on going to the doctor, then I'll take care of you." Evan said as he helped Jessica to her feet as she sat on the closed toilet.

"Do you want me to go get a test done? You know just be on the safe side." She asked as he looked at her.

"A pregnancy test?" He asked as Jessica looked at him.

"No honey, a Covid test, but that means you, me and the kids will have to be quarantined for two weeks." She said.

"But Jessica, nausea is a sign of pregnancy, not Covid or it might be, I get confused with all the symptoms it could have." He said.

"Honey, I'm not pregnant and that would be dangerous for me at my age, but to be on the safe side, I'll go to the doctor and get a Covid test, maybe you can come with me and get one too. I don't won't to get anyone sick and God help me if I get one of my kids get sick or both me or you get sick." Jessica said.

"Jess?" Evan questioned.

"Yes Evan?" She answered.

"How about we take both a pregnancy and Covid test? Just to make sure." Evan said.

"Alright, we'll take a test but honey, what's the chances of having a baby at my age? I tried and tried for a few years to get pregnant after my youngest was old enough and it didn't work." Jessica said as Evan held her waist.

"Babe, people in their sixties and seventies have children all the time." He said.

"Evan, I couldn't even have another baby in my forties which at the time of when I was at the height of my career and I wanted to have another child and I tried IVF and it didn't work." Jessica said as tears streamed down her face as Evan wiped them away.

"Maybe it wasn't the right time, but if you want to have another baby, we can try until we get pregnant." Evan said.

"Evan, are you sure you want to have a baby with me?" She asked.

"Of course baby." Evan said.

"I guess we can take the pregnancy test after our Covid test, but we'll be quarantined for two weeks." Jessica said.