Chapter 20: The Tests: Part 2

This is a continuous of Jessica's flashback.

*Flashback*

Evan seen Jessica coming over to where he was as the guys were talking to one another as he only laid eyes on her. He took her image in of the red dress she was wearing with her hair curled and makeup done as she stood beside him.

"Is this seat taken?" She asked.

"No, it's reserved for the lady standing right beside me." He said as Jessica looked on the other side of him.

"Okay." Jessica smiled.

"It seems like the whole gang is here and I only have my eyes on one lady." He whispered in her ear.

"I can go get Taissa right now." Jessica said.

"She and I are just lovers on the screen. Nothing serious in real life." Evan said as he took a sip of his beer.

"What about Emma?" She asked.

"We broke up and honestly, I guess it was the best thing for both of us." He said.

"I understand how you feel." She said.

"What about you? Have had any men since you and Sam broke up?" He asked.

"No." She said.

"That's a lie!" He said.

"I haven't." She said.

"Who wouldn't want to be with you?" He questioned.

"The men I have been with." She said.

"If I had you in my arms, I'd never let you go, ever." Evan said as Jessica blushed.

"You're still young honey and you'll find someone who will love you and stay by your side." She said.

"Someone as lovely as you." He said.

"Someone that won't leave you when things go south or won't care how much you have in the bank and someone that knows you have a career, but cares enough to stay with you. When at the end of the day, all you want to do is talk to them about how your day went, whether it's in person or on the phone if either one of you are away." She said as Evan listened to her.

"I guess we both have had it rough with the dating scene." He said.

"Yeah, we have but hopefully one of these days, you'll find someone who will give you everything you've ever wanted." She said.

"I've always wanted to get married and have a child, but finding someone who wants the same is hard." Evan said.

"I've been married once, divorced once, been in two relationships and have three children who I love more than anything in this world." Jessica said.

"Yeah, I read your bio and the guy you were married to." Evan said.

"He was the reason why I went to Paris and I absolutely loved it and I married the first guy I met and I married him." Jessica said.

"Maybe you and I should get married one of these days." Evan said as Jessica laughed.

"Wouldn't that be something." She said as she took a sip of her drink.

"Yeah it would." Evan said as he really wanted to kiss her but he knew she'd slap him like the time he flirted with her.

"So enough about our past, let's talk about now." Jessica said.