Chapter 7: Jessica's Birthday and Our Wedding Day

Today was an awaiting day of full on anxiety for Jessica. It was her birthday, which means she was going to be spending the day with her family and friends, but also her wedding day with Evan, which had her nerves on edge.

They decided to have a church wedding with reception to follow at the lake close to her house.

7:00 a.m.
Evan and Jessica's house

Evan decided to let her sleep in before the whole day of fun and festivities start, knowing that Sarah was going to make sure all the details were perfect.

Evan was busy, making breakfast as the doorbell rang. He answered it as he seen Sarah standing there.

"Hey!" Sarah said

"You're bright and chipper this morning."

"Yes I am, but I would be too if I was getting married to you."

"Well, I've only got my heart for one woman."

"Well, I'm gay so Jessica has nothing to worry about."

"What are you cooking?"

"Eggs and waffles."

"Well, I was just coming by to give you this present for Jessica."

"What is it?"

"Lingerie."

"Seriously?"

"She needs something to wear on your honeymoon."

"Jessica is gorgeous in anything and perfect in every single way. She doesn't need fancy clothes or makeup to make her look beautiful, she's already perfect without it."

"Okay, well I have to go pick up some things like hair supplies and makeup."

"Alright."

"See you after while."

"Okay. I can't wait to see you gals all fancy." Evan started laughing.

Evan went back to the stove and plated her food and set it up all nice.

He made his way up to their bedroom and opened the door while balancing the breakfast tray in the other as he seen Jessica peacefully slumbering.

He crawled in beside of her as he moved her golden locks away from her shoulder to kiss the bare skin that was exposed through the thin spaghetti strapped nightgown.

As he was about to get up, Jessica turned over to see him looking at her.

"Morning handsome."

"Good morning baby."

"Well, two exciting events in one day."

"Happy birthday Jessica."

"Aww baby... Thank you."

"And I can't wait to marry you."

"You're marrying an old woman."

"No, I'm marrying a woman who is perfect in every single way."

"I'm old."

"Far from it baby." Evan said as he caressed her face.

...

Evan and Jessica ate their breakfast in peace, enjoying it while it lasts as he presented her with a new gift.

"Oh, it's beautiful baby."

"The traditional values of a wedding ceremony consists of something and I seen it and wanted you to have it."

"It's gorgeous darling." Jessica said as she admired her new necklace, a diamond pendant in the shape of a teardrop.