Chapter 9: Do You Still Love Her?

Jessica's POV:

For the past few days, I have been completely drained and just worn out as I just sat here, thinking about everything. Evan was away for a couple of weeks as I tried to distract myself from the feelings I had. My kids were also working and everyone was just busy with their own lives.

I felt like my old life was coming back to me, the one where I was a single woman with three children and a role here and there. I felt as if some things never change, but now, I'm a married woman and my husband was on business, but I'm here alone again, in my own thoughts.

"What will help me distract myself from this unbearable silence or the sound of his fan blowing on me during the hours of both day and night. I just miss being able to call him and Sarah to see what they are up to, but they have to work and I'm here, alone with my own thoughts and it was depressing."

I tried burying myself in different projects, but it did not help the feeling I had. When Evan is home, I never feel this way, I just feel lonely and overwhelmed with it. Should I see a therapist? No, Evan will just worry about me and no sense in that. I just wished he was home, holding me in his arms or feeling him hold me to him.

I was writing a few things down when my phone rang as Evan's name and our wedding picture of us displayed across the caller ID photo. I picked it up and I could feel my heart flutter for this man, my man.

"Hello?"

"Well hello dear." I said

"How's my beautiful lady today?"

"Trying to bury herself in something to do besides sitting around all day."

"Well, I have an idea that might cheer you up."

"Honey, I want you home."

"I know, but why don't you fly out here to see me?"

"You know how much I hate flying in a plane."

"I know baby, but it'll take a couple of more weeks for filming to end because we were behind on schedule."

"A couple of more weeks?" I asked as I felt like a boulder hit me.

"I'm sorry baby.''

"What am I supposed to do for a couple of more weeks? Stay home all by my lonesome while you go out and party every night like some young teenage boy?" I asked while on the verge of crying.

"Jess, I can't just go up to Ryan and tell him that you want me home and I do not party."

"You're a liar!"

"Jess, I'm sorry. I have to go because I have a scene to film." Evan said to ease the tension, but it fueled the sadness Jessica had inside of her.

"Oh yes, just leave your wife on hold while you go and flirt with your ex girlfriend." Jessica said as Evan rubbed his temples.

"Babe, as much as it is fun talking to you while you call me names and accuse me of such heinous things. I gotta go because they just called me on set."

"Fine! Go be her boy toy for all I give a damn!"

"Bye Jess." He said as he hung up as I threw my phone on the other end of the couch.

...

Night time had arrived and Jessica was asleep as she felt exhausted from having her little fight with Evan as she jolted awake from a dream she had. It was about Evan and Emma as she panted, trying to adjust herself from her dream as she turned on the lamp beside of her as she found her phone with a two missed calls from Evan.