Chapter II

After a few minutes of staring blankly out the window, Monika finally saw the café. She stood up and got off the bus. Walking carefully through the big crowds of people and made her way around the back of the café and through the employee entrance. As she walked towards the locker rooms to change into her work clothes, she bumped into one of her co-workers – Sarah.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" – said Monika, she felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment.

Sarah laughed and waved her hand.

"It's fine, Monika. Didn't think you would come in today"- Sarah said with a smile and both of them went over to their lockers.

"Yeah, boss wanted me to cover for another employee"- Monika took out her black apron with the café's logo and name on it.

"Again? This is the second time this week. It's kind of suspicious"

Monika just shrugged and pinned her name tag to her apron. Sarah was tying her blonde hair into a ponytail and looked over at her friend. She was worried for her friend. Monika was so nice to most people and was kind of a pushover, that's why she was worried for her. Monika wasn't naïve and she knew that, but the brown-haired girl was quite new to this job, not to mention she was only 16, still a young girl.

"I know this is going to sound kinda mean, but...you're quite a pushover" – said Sarah out of the blue.

Monika sighed and responded.

"I know, but I can't help it"

"You know, you don't always have to say yes to things, you can always decline or refuse, it's not exactly rude"

"I know, I know, I just want to please people"

"Why?"- asked Sarah and closed her locker.

Monika shrugged and closing her locker made her way to the door.

"Welcome to the life of an overthinker, Sarah"

~

Monika finished ringing up the last customer that was in line.

"Ok ma'am, we will call you when your order is done"

The women thanked the girl and went to sit at a table. Monika breathed a sigh of relief and went to one of the coffee machines to make the order. While she was making the coffee, she looked over at one of her co-workers – Lily. Lily had her pink hair tied up in a bun and her blue eyes were focused on the coffee she was making. Monika looked her up and down and then said.

"I envy you Lily"

The pink-haired girl looked over at Monika with confused look on her face.

"And why is that, Monika?"

The girls made eye contact and the brown-haired girl sighed.

"I envy you Lily, not only you, almost everybody here. All of you have such interesting stories to tell...And not only that, all of you look like you came right out of a modeling magazine"

Lily giggled.

"Monika, you don't have to be jealous of me! I know you probably think you are not as beautiful as everybody else, but trust me, people would kill to look like you. Just because you don't think you are beautiful doesn't mean others think like that of you"

"Really?"

"Of course!"- answered Lily.

Monika smiled. Maybe Lily was right. She kept thinking of Lily's words while making the order. And for the first time she couldn't stop smiling, even if it was only a small smile.

Monika, Sarah and Lily were talking behind the counter, waiting for another customer. While they were chatting, Sarah heard the bell above the entrance ring. She looked over and saw a tall man wearing a black trench coat and black pants, he also wore a black fedora with what looked like a rose attached to it. Sarah expected the man to walk up to the counter and tell them his order, but instead he sat down at one of the empty tables, his legs crossed and his hands in his coat pockets. Monika and Lily also looked over at the man, confused. It was a warm spring day, it almost felt like summer, no one in their right mind would be wearing a trench coat in this type of heat.

"Do you think he is a tourist? Maybe he doesn't know he has to go up to the counter?"- whispered Sarah.

Monika and Lily shrugged, not knowing what to do in this situation, it was quite out of the ordinary for them.

"Monika, you go and take his order"- said Lily while gently pushing Monika out from behind the counter.

"What!? No way!"- Monika quietly yelled.

"Come on! Please, Monika!"- said Sarah.

"If you do it, we will buy you dinner after work!"- Lily yelled quietly.

Monika finally gave in and took out a notepad from on of the drawers and went over to the man. "After all of this is over, I'm going to kill them both."

"Hello, sir, what can I get you today?"

~

Offenderman doesn't belong to me. All of the credit goes to his creator. Only the story belongs to me.