Chapter III

"Hello, sir, what can I get you today?" – Monika asked the strange gentleman.

From under the brim of the fedora, the girl could see a smirk making its way onto the man's lips.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sweetheart. I think I should have went to the counter, right?"- said the man.

The man's voice was low, almost sounded a bit hoarse. Monika didn't like the fact that he had called her "sweetheart". It was creepy and weird. She had read and heard enough stories about creeps calling young girls nicknames and none of them had a good ending.

"Yes, sir, that is correct. Don't worry, it's fine. I can take your order like this" – Monika responded, she was starting to feel scared and nauseous.

"Ok then. I would like to get a black coffee then, sweetheart. That would be all" – said the man, his tone of voice was kind of flirtatious.

"Ok then, we will tell you when your order is ready"- said Monika with the best fake smile she could manage.

The girl then quickly went behind the counter and told Lily the man's order. While she walking though, from the corner of her eye she saw a little bit of what was hiding under the man's fedora - nothing, like a blank canvas, no eyes, no nose or eyebrows, only a closed smile. Was she imagining things? Maybe her eyes were playing tricks on her? When she got behind the counter, she looked over at the man. The fedora was once again covering his face.

"Is everything ok, Monika?" – asked Lily, a confused and worried look on her face.

"Yeah, yeah everything is fine"

~

Lily made the mysterious man's order and gave it to Monika. The girl cautiously approached the man and placed the cup of black coffee on the table.

"Here you go, sir"

"Thank you, dear" – said the man, taking the cup into his hands.

His hands were...strange. Pale, really pale, just like paper. Monika quickly averted her eyes and made her way to the counter. Before she went behind it to her friends, she turned around to look at the man. He was gone. It almost seemed as if he was never there. On the table laid the money and a single red rose.

Monika went over to pick up the money. She looked over at the red rose laying on the table, the stem was covered in thorns. She carefully took it, avoiding the thorns as to not prick herself. The rose was beautiful, flawless, perfect. Did...did the man leave this? Why? And for who?

After a while, Monika decided to just leave the rose on the table. She isn't taking chances. The man and the whole interaction she had with him was already creepy enough.

Monika took the money the man had left and went over to the counter. After she put the money into the register, the rest of her shift was silent. None of the girls said a word.

~

It was the end of her shift and Monika was putting her things back into her locker. Sarah and Lily were sitting on a bench in the changing room, talking.

"So, who do you think was that man?" – asked Sarah.

"Maybe a tourist? I mean, he was wearing a trench coat out in this heat, he probably isn't familiar with this type of weather"

"What about you Monika?" – Sarah said, snapping the girl out of her daze.

"Huh?"

"Do you think he was a tourist?" – asked Lily, - "you were the one who got a closer look at him. What did he look like?"

Monika stayed silent for a few minutes. She sighed and closed her locker, locking it.

"Well...I'm pretty sure he isn't from here"

"What makes you think that?" – asked Sarah, curiosity lacing her voice.

"His skin was...really pale, almost like paper. And like you said, he probably isn't used to this kind of weather, maybe its too cold for him here, that's why he wears a trench coat"

Sarah crossed her arms and looked up at the ceiling, thinking intensely. After a while she just shrugged.

"It's a possible explanation, nothing too far-fetched" – she said after a while.

Just then, the door to the changing room opened and a guy walked in. Adrian, a black-haired guy with yellow eyes and a massive ego. He was smoking a cigarette; we were inside and it was prohibited to smoke here.

"So, ladies, what are y'all talking about?" – asked Adrian, taking a drag of his cigarette.

Soon, the room was filled with the disgusting smell of tobacco. Monika had to resist the urge to cough.

"Adrian, did nobody tell you that it is prohibited to smoke inside or are you just incompetent of listening?" – Monika asked, disgusted in his behavior.

"Does it look like I care? You fucking idiot?" – Adrian spat back.

Lily and Sarah looked over at Monika, who was facing away. "Bruised your ego huh, Adrian?" Monika thought, losing all of the bravery she had before. Adrian scoffed, looking over at Lily with a smirk.

"Oi, Lily"

"Yes?"

"I'm taking you out on a date tomorrow at seven. You got that?"

"Huh? Oh, ok" – Lily responded, faking a small smile.

Adrian smirked, proud of himself. He then looked over at Monika.

"And you" – he said, - "you stay out of this. Got that, dumbass?"

Monika didn't say anything, just stared blankly at her locker door. Adrian threw down his cigarette on the floor and stomped on it with his heel and then left. Soon, the room was filled with silence.

~

Offenderman doesn't belong to me. All of the credit goes to his creator. Only the story belongs to me.