Chapter VI

Time flew by fast and soon it was already 7 pm. Monika was quite scared if she was being honest. She was more scared for Lily than herself. Adrian was a horrible person, at least from what she had seen and heard about him. He was a playboy and a giant asshole. Lily was the exact opposite, she was kind and sweet, a complete angel. Deep down, Monika knew that Adrian was only using Lily for his own needs, he didn't care about her, not at all.

The girl shook her head, trying to get rid of the thoughts that swarmed in there like bees. She glanced over the mirror, looking at her reflection. Her outfit wasn't flashy, just a white comfy sweater and jeans. Her short hair was kind of messy and fluffy, giving it an almost tomboyish look. She didn't want to stand out or attract attention. After all, Lily was the one going to the date.

Monika let out a long sigh and made her way downstairs. As she was walking, the girl started to think back at the encounter she had at the graveyard. How did the man know her full name? She had never mentioned it and her name tag only has her first name written on it. Monika tried to not think about it too much. Maybe it was some kind of coincidence. Maybe the man knew someone who looked like her and just happened to have the name Monika. It was possible.

The girl tried to clear her head as she grabbed her keys and, after saying goodbye to her mom, left the house. Lily said that Adrian had took her to a restaurant in the middle of town. Monika's family lived in the suburbs, so the main town was quite far away. She had thought about asking her mom to drive her there, but she didn't want to bother her and kinda wanted to keep this whole thing a secret. Monika decided that she would take a bus. It was going to be a little bit of a long ride, but at least it's something.

~

After a while, Monika could see the restaurant through the bus window. Next to the entrance, she could see two silhouettes – Lily and Adrian. The girl felt her stomach sink. She was scared, really scared and nervous. The girl wanted to not get off the bus and just wait for it to drive to the next bus stop far away from here. But she had promised Lily she would come. Monika knew that if she left right at this moment, the guilt would eat her up from the inside. Taking a deep breath, the girl stood up from her seat and got off the bus.

As she neared the entrance, she could hear her heart hammering against her ribcage. The girl took a deep breath and straightened her back.

Lily turned to look towards the road that was near the restaurant. She was quickly scanning the area with her eyes, trying to catch glimpse of her friend's figure. As soon as she saw Monika making her way towards them, her face lit up. Monika kept her promise! Of course, she would have kept her promise!

The brown-haired girl was now at the entrance of the restaurant. Whilst Lily was delighted to see her, Adrian wasn't, of course. He glared at Lily's friend with a murderous look. "WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?" – Adrian thought.

The pink-haired girl hugged Monika tightly. She could feel that her friend was shaking a little bit. Lily knew that Monika was an introvert, not to mention she hated going out with people she didn't know much about. It made her feel anxious and overall, not enjoy the experience. Lily felt bad about making Monika come with her on this "date".

"I'm really sorry for making you do this" – Lily whispered.

"It's ok" – Monika whispered back in a hushed town so that Adrian won't hear, - "besides, it was my decision to come"

Lily let go of her friend and smiled a gentle smile. Adrian, however, was still staring daggers at Monika. He came closer to the two females and held Lily's hand. The pink-haired girls face contorted into a grimace of disgust and fear as she felt the males hand touch hers.