Chapter XI

That same night, detective Alexandra was sitting at her desk looking through the footage that the cameras of the restaurant captured the day of the murder. Her eyes looked tired and were a bit red from staring at the computer screen for so long. John was sitting opposite of her, papers covering every inch of his desk as he kept reading and re-reading them, trying to find any clues as how to solve the case. Terry soon joined the two workaholics, holding two mugs of coffee in one hand and a plate of snacks in the other. He placed them on the already crowded desk before sitting down himself.

"Find anything?" – he asked.

"No" – Alex answered, - "trying to arrest a supernatural being is like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands. We should just call a demonologist at this point"

"Don't give up that easily" – John added, slumping down in his chair as he took the coffee mug from the desk.

Terry looked over at the detective's screen as she kept rewinding the footage. People were coming in and out from the restaurant, but none seemed to catch Alex's eye.

"What are you looking for?"

"Any kind of sign that that bastard was there that night and when" – Alex responded, her tone angry, irritated and tired.

Terry could only look at her confused.

"I thought he distorted camera footage?"

The female let out a loud sigh out of her nose, intertwined her fingers and turned to look at the man with a sarcastic smile.

"That's the point, Terry...That's the whole point"

The big guy only cleared his throat before turning away and taking a sip from a water bottle he always carried around, whilst Alex turned back to her computer and after letting out a silent grunt, resumed her awfully slow-paced work.

Five minutes passed with no progress... or so the thought. Suddenly the female detective jumped out of her seat and let out a shout of happiness, which startled the two men sitting next to her.

"I got that sick son of a bitch!" – she yelled, before she turned the monitor of her computer to show her companions. On it was displayed the footage of the outside of the restaurant, but it was severely distorted. Some parts overlapped, overs there just completely missing, but amongst all that mess, they could make out a tall figure, dressed in a black trench coat and a black fedora.

"Fucker..." – John muttered out.

"Yeah..." – Terry added, - "but... what is the point of all of this?"

"We finally have evidence to show the inspector!" – Alex blurted out quickly.

"I highly doubt he will believe you..." – her coworker said, - "after what happened, that is"

Those few words made the female slump down in her seat as she remembered everything that the inspector had said to her.

"We can at least try..." – she muttered out.

Just then, the familiar noise of a phone rang through out the empty room.

Offenderman doesn't belong to me. All of the credit goes to his creator. Only the story belongs to me.