Chapter XVIII

Warning: this chapter includes and mentions sexual themes/rape/sexual assault. If If you feel uncomfortable reading this, feel free to jump ahead or not read this chapter entirely. Stay safe :)

SleepyFerret

~

The scene was horrific to say the least. Blood pooled on top of the picnic table and a small stream of red flowed down onto the once green grass. The sound of a flash snapped Alex out of her daze.

"I'm really starting to think about quitting" – mumbled John, the camera slightly shaking in his hands.

"Yeah..." – the woman breathed out, with a gloved hand she turned the dead girl's head to the side. A deep gash oozed with blood at the base of the head. Looking down, purple love bites lined the woman's neck.

"I don't get it..." – Alex mumbled under her breath.

"What's wrong?"

The detective stood up with a sigh before silently walking over to her police car. She reached into the backseat through an open window and took out her notebook and pen.

"I don't understand why he would seek out another girl when he already has Monika"

An uncomfortable silence set in as Alex took notes in her notebook. John looked at his friend with an almost astonished look.

"Are you saying that that poor girl should get raped?" – the question almost came out as a scream.

"No, no that is not what I'm saying" – came a panicked response, - "I'm just worried. For Monika, I mean..."

Looking over at the dead body sprawled out on the picnic table an uneasy feeling settled in Alex's stomach. She has seen gruesome murders over the years, some were much worse than this one, and yet this crime scene made her want to vomit. Not because of the blood, but because she knew that if she wasn't fast enough, Monika might end up in the same position. Dead and raped by that motherfucker.

The longer she stared at the body, the clearer everything became. Offenderman was playing a game, a sick and sadistic cat and mouse with the poor girl.

"Why did it have to be her?"

~

"Why did it have to be me?", the question resonated in Monika's mind. Why? Why? It could have been anyone, but it ended up being her. The girl felt a shudder of disgust as the thing kissed and trailed his tongue down her neck. Her escape attempt was futile, then again, she was always followed by bad luck.

Sitting on the silk covered bed, Monika was trying to hold back the urge to gag or vomit. From the corner of her eye, she saw the discarded black trench coat and fedora laying on the floor. The man was sitting behind her, tenderly kissing her neck and cheeks, whilst his hands groped her body. Sometimes deep guttural moans could be heard from behind, followed by someone shifting. She hated this; she hated every single little thing about this. She felt her fingers twitching, wanting to choke the man, to tear his skin into shreds, to cause any kind of physical damage to him, but she knew she couldn't do it, she knew she wasn't strong enough. Monika's thought wondered back to the study she had been in. There was no doubt in her mind that a shiny black pen laid in one of those drawers. A pen sharp enough to pierce skin. Then again... a pen is mightier than a sword.

A loud guttural moan was heard before it transitioned into a deep chuckle as Offernderman placed his chin on Monika's shoulder.

"Do you know why I picked you?~" – he asked.

No response came from the young girl.

Leaning in closer, his hot breath touched the skin of the girl's ears and she visibly recoiled.

"Because you are gullible"

A soft kiss was placed on her jaw and then a searing pain washed over as the man bit into her neck, the bite slowly leaking blood. Monika let out a sharp gasp and a small whimper could be heard afterwards.

"Because you are weak and isolated. Always on your own~" – another kiss was placed, - "It was almost too easy"

Letting out a satisfied sigh, the man laid back on the bed. He never let go of the girl completely, one of his hands still rested on her thigh tracing small circles and other patterns. Monika silently thought about what the man said. It was all true. She wasn't physically or emotionally strong, she would often cry in her room over the smallest mistakes, a bad grade or an embarrassing encounter with someone she knew. And she was almost always alone, not only because she liked the solitude, but also because she had trouble starting and keeping conversations with people. She really was easy prey for someone like him. An easy mouse to catch.

"You don't know what you do to me" – the man breathed out, - "always innocent and shy"

He sucked in a sharp breath.

"God, you really are something, aren't you?"

Monika was getting more uncomfortable by the second. She didn't want to be near the man any longer, but it was a risk to ask if she could go back to her room. After all, she had disobeyed just minutes prior to this. It would be a miracle if he even let her get off the bed. Slowly, she turned to face the being behind her.

"Can I go back to my room? I'm really tired..." – the girl mumbled out so quietly that even she couldn't hear her own voice.

There was no response at first as the man fiddled with his belt and removed his hand from her thigh.

"After what you did? I don't think I should let you..." – he trailed off as he pretended to think.

Like I said, bad luck.

"But... I will"

The answer almost made the girl smile in delight, but she held it in, not wanting to give the man the satisfaction.

"Under one condition" – the man continued. He shifted closer and looked her in the eyes, - "I will let you go, but tomorrow you must do as I please, do you understand, little mouse?~"

Again, there was no response. Monika could only stare at the being with a hollow gaze. Should she accept and avoid the inevitable for another few hours or should she stay and most likely get raped by that son of a bitch? Either way, the outcome would be the same. He would have his way with her sooner or later, there is no point in denying that.

The girl felt a cold hand slowly caress her cheek. The coldness was almost refreshing in a way. Lowering her gaze, Monika thought over her options. The same outcome awaited her, no matter the choice. If that is the case then... better to avoid the inevitable for as long as you can for now.

"I understand. Goodnight"

The answer came out as a whisper, almost too quiet to hear. Silently standing up, the girl left the room and softly closed the mahogany door behind her. She didn't want to think about what horrors awaited her.  

~

Offenderman doesn't belong to me. All of the credit goes to his creator. Only the story belongs to me.