Chapter XIII

"Don't you think we were a bit rude to her?" – Lily asked Sarah.

She was hanging out with Sarah in her room, quietly doing homework and only exchanging a few words between each other. Sarah sighed at Lily's question and slammed her pencil on her math notebook.

"Lily, I get that you're all for kindness and stuff like that, but Monika almost fucking killed Adrian. I know that he is a bloody asshole but to kill somebody?"

Lily could only sigh at her friend's outburst.

"I know, but it's just so not like Monika..." – Lily whispered in a tone that was silent, but still clear to Sarah.

"I know it's hard to believe─"

"It's not hard to believe, it's impossible to believe!" – Lily yelled.

Silence fell between the two girls. Sarah only scoffed and went back to her homework, ignoring Lily all together. The pink haired girl only sighed and pulled out her phone. She went to her text messages and unblocked Monika, when she did, she realized that she had received a total of ten texts from her. She silently read them as tears started to well up in her eyes.

Lily?
12:35

Lily, please respond
12:35

Please
12:35

What did I do?
12:36

Hello?
12:36

Lily pls respond I'm scared
12:36

Lily please
12:36

Hey
12:36

Hello?
12:37

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry
12:37

As the girl stared at the missed messages, she felt her stomach drop. God what has she done? As her vision was being clouded by tears, who were silently creeping in from the corners of her eyes, she received another text message from her, this time it was a recording of her voice. As she clicked on it, she was met with... static. Awful, loud static and... a voice. A deep, resonating voice, but she couldn't make out what it was saying.

Lily's thoughts were interrupted by a police car driving by, it's lights flashing and the dreaded sound of the sirens filled the air. She glanced out the window and saw police cars drive past the house. She knew Sarah's neighborhood well as she would hang out with her quite often. She also knew that the direction the police cars were driving, was the same direction she would take to get to Monika's house. Lily quickly glanced at Sarah, who was just as shocked to hear the disturbing voice recording. Without warning, Lily jumped up from her spot and ran out of Sarah's bedroom, almost tumbling down the stairs, quickly making her way towards the front door. She could only hope that whatever happened to her friend wasn't as bad as her mind was making it up to be.

~

Offenderman doesn't belong to me. All of the credit goes to his creator. Only the story belongs to me.