Chapter IV

The three girls were walking down the street to the nearest bus stop. Lily and Sarah were talking with each other while sipping on their drinks, while Monika was staring off to space, quietly eating the waffle her friends had bought her. Monika was replaying all of the events that happened today in her head. She had a really rough day, school, work and that weird man, Adrian being an asshole didn't help either. The girl let out a long sigh, she just wanted this day to end.

"You aren't going to actually go on that date, right?"- she asked Lily.

"Maybe" – said Lily while sipping her drink, - "maybe I'll give him a cha-"

"Don't give that kind of guy a chance" – Sarah interrupted her friend.

Lily and Monika stopped dead in their tracks and turned to Sarah.

"I mean, I know that that guy is a complete asshole but damn"

"I'm just saying" – said Sarah nonchalantly, - "you give this kind of a guy a chance, he is gonna be cheating on you next week"

After a few minutes of walking, the girls reached the bus stop and sat down on the bench. Monika threw the empty plastic waffle wrapper into the trashcan and leaned back, dozing off once again. Lily and Sarah also threw away their empty cups and were waiting for the bus to come. After a few moments of silence, Sarah turned to Monika.

"I know I'm probably annoying you with this topic, but..." – Sarah went silent for a moment, - "did you get a closer look at that man's face?"

Monika looked over at her friend and then averted her gaze to the road.

"No...no, not really. His face was covered by the fedora, the only thing that I could see was his mouth, nothing else" – she responded.

"Oh" – was all that Sarah said.

Monika saw a bus stopping at the bus stop and people one by one getting out of it. Her blonde-haired friend picked up her things and, after saying goodbye, got onto the bus.

Both of the girls let out a sigh. It really was a rough day for both of them.

"Monika, if you don't mind me asking, can you come with me to the date?" – Lily asked her friend.

The girl looked at Lily with a confused look.

"I know it's kind of much to ask, but I don't feel comfortable and I think it would be better if-"

"Okay" – Monika cut off her friend.

"Really?" – Lily looked at her, confusion written all over her face.

"I mean yeah, sure, if it makes you more comfortable" – answered the girl with a small smile.

Lily's face lit up and she hugged her friend as tight as she could.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" – Lily exclaimed.

Monika hugged her back, softly, not as tight. Their wholesome moment was cut short when Lily's bus stopped in front of them. Lily looked over at the bus, a sad look on her face.

"Well, I guess this is there we part ways"

Monika nodded and let go of her friend. Her pink-haired friend quickly gathered her things and got into the vehicle. As she sat down on one of the empty seats, she looked out the window at waved to Monika. The girl waved back and the bus started to move, leaving the bus stop.

Monika was once again alone. She looked up at the sky, dark clouds were starting to gather and it seemed like it was going to rain pretty soon. She then looked back at the road, at the moving cars and people chatting, being together. This was quite a strange day for her, weirder than all her other days. Monika took out her headphones and started to listen to some music to pass the time. But there was one thing she failed to notice, a dark figure walking away from the bus stop she was waiting at.

~

Offenderman doesn't belong to me. All of the credit goes to his creator. Only the story belongs to me.