Chapter Eight: The Bloodbath - Kronos' Perspective

|

6004 ABY, Kronos' Midnight-Class Custom Starfighter, the 'Scythe One', near the Elixir

Kronos and his wingmates flew away from the Schism ship, the High Voltage, just before it exploded, destroying the fighter squadron that had been chasing Scythe Squadron for the past thirty minutes. The explosion enveloped two smaller vessels. Luckily for Scythe Squadron, the explosion also enveloped the next ship they were supposed to attack, the famous pirate dreadnought, the Brigand Triumph. The Brigand Triumph was, at one point, years and years ago, the most feared pirate vessel in all of the explored galaxies. It had looted hundreds of planets, and its commander, known to all, as The Captain. No one knew The Captain's real name. Some speculated that even The Captain had forgotten their own name. The Captain was one of the Republic's deadliest foes; looting, pillaging, killing, and causing chaos. For years, the Republic couldn't do anything to stop them. At every turn, The Captain and their forces outsmarted and out gunned the Republic. That continued for years, until one of The Captain's lieutenants realized how evil they were and betrayed them.The spy alerted the Republic to the Brigand Triumph's location, and then shot The Captain in the head. Now, it was one of the main staging areas for the ground attack crew of the Schism, who were in the process of sending shuttles full of troopers to board the Elixir. As the explosion died down, Kronos noticed that some lights on the Brigand Triumph were still working, implying that the ship wasn't completely disabled.

"All wings, follow me. The Triumph hasn't been fully disabled. We need to finish it off, leave no survivors, over." Kronos said. A chorus of "roger that, over" came from the comm system. All of a sudden, the comm buzzed and Butcher Three spoke.

"Where is that shuttle going, over?" Butcher Three asked no one in particular.

"I don't know. We should take out the Fall Eternal, and then follow the ship, over." Butcher Two replied.

"That's a good idea, Butcher Two," Varados said, "We will move forward under new orders. Scythe Squadron, follow and track the shuttle. The rest of you, take out the Fall Eternal, over."

"Roger that, over." Everyone replied.

Kronos switched to private comms.

"Scythe Four and Five finish off the Brigand Triumph. The rest of you, form up on me." He said.

Everyone commed in and confirmed their assignments.

Scythe Four and Five flew over the Triumph and bombarded it with laser fire. The bombardment reached the engine, and Scythe Squadron flew away as the Brigand Triumph exploded behind them. They then started tracking a Schism shuttle that appeared to be heading towards the Elixir.