Interview Log: Philza

SCP-INTERROGATION EFFORT OCT-■■-20 - SUBJECT: Dr. Philza Watson

Note: The following document is a transcript of Watson's interrogation for suspected [REDACTED]. As such, certain details have been omitted for the sake of integrity. For a record of the audio log, please refer to the file AL-WATSON-■■-■.

A LEVEL THREE SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO VIEW THIS DOCUMENT

[CLEARED]

INT: Interviewer. Undisclosed for confidentiality purposes.
PHIL: Dr. Philza Watson.

[INT]: Good evening Dr. Watson, I'm [REDACTED], the one who will be interviewing you today. Hope you've been well during this whole mess we've gotten ourselves into.

[PHIL]: Don't worry, I know who you are [REDACTED], although I am quite surprised to see you here. And quite frankly, I think I'd be much better off if I could go back to work.

[INT]: Alright, dropping the small talk then. You know what you're being accused of, yes?

[PHIL]: I wish to assure the Foundation that I have, under no circumstance, aided or abetted in the containment breach of any SCP, SCP-staff, or D-Class recruit. I plead innocent to all charges.

[INT]: That's cute.

[PHIL]: Excuse me?

[INT]: This is not a court system, Dr. Watson. This is the Foundation. Now, would you also care to plead innocence to restricting and hindering Foundation progress? As well as deliberate concealment and alteration of data and Foundation records?

[PHIL]: ...

[PHIL]: You have no proof of any of those charges. I have been a diligent Foundation researcher. I report all my findings and neither have access nor ability to alter any records.

[INT]: Alright, I'll play along. [shuffling of papers] By any chance, do you recognize this SCP, Dr. Watson?

[Transcribers Note: Dr. Watson analyzes the given document for a lengthy period of time]

[PHIL]: It is familiar, yes.

[INT]: SCP-5400 breached containment just a day ago, Dr. Watson. It's a tricky fellow, a teleporting SCP, and it is extremely unlikely that it's capture will be possible within the next few months if it chooses to stay hidden. If I'm not mistaken, this SCP was under your observation briefly whilst it's primary handler's were occupied with recent dilemmas. And it was under your observation that it managed to escape.

[INT]: Please, explain how a senior researcher such as yourself managed to lose a fucking SCP?

[PHIL]: Well, it's primary researcher's clearly didn't research it enough. Not to mention the fact I was extremely ill-prepared to deal with it. How was I supposed to know it was able to teleport even with the water restraints? I had other SCPs to attend to, I couldn't have been expected to stand watch over it constantly. I was merely following directions.

[INT]: We have multiple records and tests demonstrating times when it had tried to teleport of its own volition before. If it could have, it most certainly would have at this point.

[PHIL]: I don't see why that should be my problem.

[INT]: Because it escaped under your watch! You- Whatever. Dr. Watson, even if this lapse of judgement wasn't intentional, you are still being charged with neglectful supervision to allow the SCP to breach containment.