Side Report: Eret

There were several words to describe the Foundation, but the ones most of its members would use ranged from 'necessary' to 'immoral'.

Eret wasn't too sure which term he would use to describe it. He liked to think he had high ideals, but was willing to venture into the more gray areas for the greater good, something some of his colleagues tended to view as a trait for an emotionless monster. Eret considered Clay -or Dream, as he preferred to be called these days- a very good friend, or perhaps more realistically, the only person he dared trust, especially with his personal dilemmas. Dream was reasonable yet empathetic, always seeming to know the difference between necessity and morality. Eret, unfortunately, oftentimes had trouble distinguishing them, and lately started believing that just maybe he was doing more harm than good.

Eret still wasn't clear as to why he was still only Level Three, considering all his work with Thaumiel class SCPs and work in Level Four clearance projects such as this one, but he didn't complain. Maybe it was because of his willingness to cooperate in the 'dirtier' experiments and his rank that Eret was appointed as one of the scientists working on a new project named 'Project Possess'. Compared to some of his other projects, this one wasn't so bad. In fact, it didn't even kill anyone.

It was what would be done with the results that worried Eret the most.

Project Possess was classified as top secret. Most Thaumiel projects were. Revealing the project's intentions or even the mere existence of Thaumiels to someone outside of the project would not end well for Eret. But Dream was Eret's friend before anything else, and right now, he needed some serious help.

"You really like that new SCP, don't you," Eret said as casually as he could, startling the doctor as he slipped out of the SCP chamber. His blond hair was growing long, bangs nearly covering the freakish dots of his mask. As always, his expression was almost impossible to read, but judging by his small jump, Eret must have succeeded in surprising him.

"Holy fuck Eret!" Dream exclaimed, immediately pulling him into a hug, wide smile all but engulfed in it. "Come on, let me fill out the reports for him and we can talk. I have a feeling you didn't stop by just to say hello." Somehow Dream was always able to read him like a book, but Eret never complained, instead welcoming it.

With a weary smile and a nod he followed Dream into the observation chamber for SCP-404, one of the newest additions to the Foundation. Looking over through the one-way glass, he could see a rather pretty-looking man in the cell, bored expression plastered on his face as he played with his brown hair. Eret was already familiar with his anomaly, having already experimented with its immortality serum. For better or for worse, it had no results, and the British boy had been left alone ever since.

"What's it this time?" Dream asked nonchalantly, knowing full well that his clearance was most likely not enough for the information Eret was going to reveal. His unintelligible scribble filled a page as he continued staring at the SCP absentmindedly, as though still trying to figure out how to speak with it. Eret recalled how difficult the SCP was from merely one conversation.

"Before I say..." Eret mumbled, positioning himself right by Dream, staring right where he remembered his eyes to be before he came into contact with the SCP. "You have to promise me you won't even show a hint that you know this information, okay? Promise me, Clay, please." This seemed to startle him at least a little as he realized that the seriousness of Eret's situation was much worse than other times.

"O-Of course," Dream managed, mouth moving stiffly, the usual reassurance from his eyes impossible to discern. "Not a word, Eret, not even a hint." Eret took a deep breath, trying to find a way to word it that would at least give Dream some deniability.