SCP-2404

Subject: SCP-2404

Class: Safe

Status: Detained

Threat Level: 1

Containment Level: 0

Classification: Non-Living Object

Origin: Site-■■■

Abnormality: SCP-2404 is a simple, circular white mask with a smile etched into it. When put on, it is impossible to remove my ordinary means, and supernatural ones continue to be investigated.

Its only other anomolous property is that the wearer may transform into an 89CM/2'11 tall 'blob', as named by SCP-404. The head becomes almost spherical, the same smile on the mask present on its face. The head constitues roughly 40% of its entire mass in this form, the rest being a base for it to stand upon. Its body in this form is an unidentifiable substance that behaves like stiff marshmellow fluff, any injuries in either form not seeming to affect the other. It also appears that any loss of mass sustained in one form will be healed upon switching between forms.

Containment Requirements: It is suggested Dr. ■■■■■■ does not leave the facility.

Background: SCP-2404, like the other items in Site-■■■, has no known origin. The current [and only] wearer of SCP-2404 is Dr. Clay ■■■■■■ from Site-■■■, who had been visiting Site-■■■ to see Agent Nick ■■■■■■■■■. Upon seeing SCP-2404, Dr. ■■■■■■ assumed it was a part of the Agent's party and put it on, unaware of the recent shipment from Site-■■■.

Testing: No more testing on SCP-2404 is to be done by Dr. ■■■■■■ himself, and experiments regarding SCP-2404 can no longer be cleared by Dr. ■■■■■■ or Dr. ■■■■. Again, you cannot perform experiments on yourself Clay.

04-■■: A variety of instruments were used in an attempt to either break or remove the mask, however it seems as though it has completely merged with his face, either burrowing deeper should it attempt to be cut off, or forcibly converting Dr. ■■■■■■ to the 'blob' form.

02-■■: Gathering samples from SCP-2404 in its blob form have proven successful, but these samples have absolutely no use, causing no reactions from any human, object, or chemical compound. Dr. ■■■■■■ reverted back with only mild discomfort.

06-■■: SCP-0014 has been brought to see if it can break the mask, but Dr. ■■■■■■ and SCP-0014 insisted that karate-chopping SCP-2404 was a good idea. SCP-2404 was not damaged, but Dr. ■■■■■■ was forced to be hospitalized for the night, having suffered minor concussion. SCP-0014 complained that its hand hurt from the encounter.

The rest of the experiments conducted on SCP-2404 were cleared by Dr. ■■■■■■, and for a full list of his pointless and immature tests, please refer to his official documents under Reprimand-■■■. Thank you.

Additional Notes: Dr. ■■■■■■ remains able to see, even through SCP-2404, claiming that it is as though the mask wasn't there at all. No mental, emotional, psychological, or physical changes have been noted in the doctor, SCP-2404 causing very little interruption in the doctor's daily life. He has, however, complained that his 'handsomeness' has been wasted, and now finds allergy season unbearable.

SCP-2404 does not interfere with Dr. ■■■■■■'s work in any way and has been cleared for full duty, and containment has been determined to be unnecessary. Dr. ■■■■■■ has also found it funny to randomly transform into the blob form, especially with SCP-404.

Dr. ■■■■■■ is NOT allowed to alter this document.