SCP-0817

Subject: SCP-0817

Class: Safe

Status: Detained

Threat Level: 3

Containment Level: 2

Classification: Humanoid

Age: 20 Years

Gender: Male

Height: 175CM/5'9

Weight: 68Kg/152lbs

Blood Type: A-

Date of Birth: 12/28/■■■■

Origin: [REDACTED], Mexico

Abnormality: SCP-0817 has a known two faces that it can switch between, one a regular, humanoid face, the second having a distinct lack of facial features besides strange blovky eyes and a bracket-esque smile. It also has the ability to 'glitch' its body, so that limbs or pieces of its body temporarily detach themselves [sometimes several bits at a time, but never the majority of its body] and reappear an undetermined amount of space away.

SCP-0817 also has the innate ability to produce a substance similar to Nitrous Oxide, functioning in much the same albeit with some rather unsettling side effects. As such, SCP-0817 is immune to Nitrous Oxide, and is resistant to some other small amounts of other practical anesthetics. It is unable to stop production of this substance [from henceforth deemed SCP-0817-1], but is able to control the amount that is released while conscious.

SCP-0817-1: SCP-0817-1 can cause unconsciousness in extreme amounts, although this takes a visible toll on SCP-0817. Should SCP-0817 not control the amount produced, it is typically only strong enough to cause hallucinations and a euphoric intoxicated state. Those inhaling SCP-0817-1 will typically find themselves easily provoked into a fit of laughter, similar to laughing gas. Whenever SCP-0817 glitches its body, SCP-0817-1 is released in greater amounts.

Lingering side effects that have been recorded from inhaling SCP-0817-1, although whether or not these effects are present seem to be outside SCP-0817's control. Those finding themselves under it's lingering influence may or may not experience for an indeterminate amount of time the inability to stop smiling in an odd manner.

Sentience: SCP-0817 displays average human intelligence, alongside emotional intelligence.

Containment Info: Due to SCP-0817's nature, in place of Nitrous Oxide vents, Halothane is to be used in its place, although a higher pressure is required for desired results. To prevent the subject from glitching out of its cell, its cell walls are to be thirty CM thick, and three other smaller walls on its exterior, with fifteen centimeters of space between.

Background: SCP-0817 was discovered during an incident in [REDACTED], USA. It's hometown is in [REDACTED], Mexico. SCP-0817 is Mexican and is fluent in both Spanish and English

Capture: Due to an influx of abnormal behavior in the area, scouts were already in place, searching for the SCP that was causing the spike. On break, Agent [REDACTED] had chosen to eat lunch at a local restaurant where SCP-0817 was also located. The agent had accidentally left their equipment to locate the anomaly on, causing SCP-0817 to glitch.

SCP-0817 was quickly and easily secured, with no loss or injury of SCP Foundation personnel life. It was later discovered that SCP-[REDACTED] was the one causing the influx of anomalous activity, not SCP-0817.

Testing: Level 6 testing with SCP-0817 is permitted, although it is recommended that staff are not present during experimentation, as SCP-0817-1 may alter their state of mind and allow it to escape. There must always be staff on duty that are enable to be influenced by SCP-0817-1 during experimentation.