Chapter 9🧡

"Go out the back, and go in the twins play
house"

"What the f..."

"Nigga just do it"

He quickly left out the back, I put both guns under the couch and went to go open the door

"Yes" I asked

"Hi are you Jayla? Girlfriend to Dayvon Bennett?"

"Former girlfriend, but yeah what's wrong"

"We suspect he was involved in a shooting that happened a few segues ago. And witnesses said he might've come here after"

"Nah he ain't come here"

"When was the last time you spoken with him"

"About a week ago"

"May we take a look around" they said trying to walk in but I stopped them.

"Y'all gotta warrant"

"No... no we don't"

My phone rang and it was von calling

"Aw shit I forgot she had somewhere to be" I said grabbing my purse and slipping on my crocs

"Um I have to go pick up my kids, we're going to have to finish this conversation later"

They just gave me their business card and walked off. I closed the door but looked out the window waiting for them to drive off but of course they didn't.

"What they say?" Von asked speed walking back into the house

"They looking for you"

"What you say?"

"I told em we don't date no more and I hadn't talked to you in a week"

He tried to open the front door but I stopped him

"Nigga they parked down the street they gone see yo goofy ass"

"How da fuck we gone get up outta here?"

"My truck in the garage, so when we get in the in there.. you just get down in the back seat"

"You sure they not gone see me?"

"My windows tinted, and it's dark outside"

"You sure"

"Yes Von Damn" I said grabbing my duffel bag and going in the garage

Von laid across the floor in my back seat, and I just put both duffel bags and a blanket over him.

Before leaving I got out the car, trying to see if they could see into the car. Then Finally pulled off.

They followed us for a few blocks but once I turned right they turned left.

"Ight they off us, now where the fuck you taking me?"

"Pull over"

I pulled into a empty parking lot, and crawled in the passenger seat. While Von crawled into the driver seat.

He just started laughing

"What?"

"You my lil rider fasho"

He leaned over trying to kiss me but I just turned my head

"You really finna act like this"