save the sanity

OKAY THAT WAS NOT COOL. AT ALL.

shaking my head, i carefully stowed by mendel-napkin into my bag of memorabilia and took another napkin to hurriedly wipe my face. after taking a second to breath in more christian-brandon-air, i rushed out of the shop.

outside, i caught sight of the talented pair on the sidewalk. christian (bless him) was handing a twenty to a homeless person. my heart just- melted.

summoning every inch of courage from the disgusting nyc streets, i ran up to brandon and cleared my throat. "mr uranowitz?" he turned around and smiled. "okay wow i'm impressed, my name is clearly a mouthful and you're one of the first people i know to pronounce it correctly! you're the person from the cookie shop right?" i lagged for two seconds then nodded. "hi! i'm so sorry i froze in there earlier, forgive me it was a shock to see my two favourite broadway stars in person for the first time." "a fan! nice to meet you," the one and only borle spoke up and shook my hand and brandon followed. after vowing not to wash my hands again (don't do this kids fyi there's a global pandemic going on rn), i blurted out. "you two are in falsettos now, right?" "yeap! we're about to get ready for our evening performance right now!"

*internally screaming*

"you've probably heard this a thousand times but falsettos is my absolute favourite musical and this cast is the best thing that has ever happened to me, the cast recording is literally engraved into my brain already and i travelled across the world just to see this incredible show!" (a pat on the back for not stumbling over my words)

the dynamic duo smiled and my heart melted AGAIN.

"i've never heard such enthusiasm from a fan before! i really appreciate it," christian spoke. brandon whispered something into his ear (a feat considering that christian's rather voluminous hair was covering his ear) and christian nodded.

"james lapine, our lovely director tasked us to award one fan a special trip to see falsettos in the front row tonight and meet the cast backstage! we've been hunting all day and you seem to be the perfect person for it, so would you care to meet us at 5pm at the walter kerr theatre stage door?"

what. brandon held eye contact with me, and he didn't seem like he was joking. my heart stopped for a good moment.

"i-. this is the best day in my life right now! i'll definitely come by, thank you so much for giving me this opportunity, my day has been made my crops have been watered and my skin is clear."

they both chuckled. "see you then!" christian winked at me then strode off with brandon.

i stood there for a good two minutes without moving. after deciding that it was not a good idea to be a human traffic obstruction in a busy new york street, i pranced off to my apartment and screamed with joy.