showtime

the lights suddenly dimmed and i felt a thrill of excitement as a monotone voice made an announcement to turn off mobile phones etc etc. i contemplated for a while as to whether i should film a bootleg but decided against it because i could get reported by an actor's mom. who happened to be sitting next to me. shame. i leaned back in my seat and started to grin uncontrollably. this was going to be so cool aHhHhh. charlotte and i looked at each other at the same time and grinned. it was showtime!

the silhouette of the conductor came into view and he raised his conductor's stick (i'm sorry i forgot the name).

CHILLS.

the tune that i had listened to for weeks reverberated around the theatre. the boost of serotonin it gave me was absolutely incredible and i felt my eyes getting wet. my smile stretched ear to ear as i basked in the glory of that amazing music bill finn gave us.

then, four people dressed in long cloaks came onto stage and i unabashedly screamed.

"i heard that BRYNAH was in CHINA with a tOrn meniscus." a familiar sounding voice spoke amongst a cacophony of arguing and i raised my eyebrows. well that wasn't in the soundtrack but it's gold.

"four jews in a room bitching!" the light was finally cast onto the actors and my jaw dropped. i definitely was not expecting the costumes they were in. andrew, anthony, brandon and christian were magnificently decked in tunics from biblical times. and they were carrying the sticks that bo peep used to catch sheep? i knew four jews was wacky but nothing prepared me for the stage version. the audience let out peals of laughter as the men carried on their banter. the quartet of them flawlessly executed their performance, using their sticks in all sorts of ways. i broke down when anthony pretended to have a fencing match with brandon. the first few seconds of the opening act had taken over my heart completely.

by the time the actors had whipped off their tunics to reveal their outfits, charlotte and i were snorting with laughter. "i told you dearie this is such a comedic musical!" charlotte whispered. i could merely smile. i admired all of the actors fits; the costume department had truly outshone themselves. i smuggled into my seat a little more and just basked in the wonder of it all. i couldn't wait to finally see the show i could only listen to.

a/n: this is more of a description and less story sorry about that the next chapter will be a summary of both acts in the show and after that we'll go back to the cast yay!!