dreams do come true

"five jews!"

stephanie, andrew, christian, brandon and anthony held their final poses while triumphantly taking in the roar of applause. i myself clapped so hard my hands were numb by the time the opening notes of tight-knit family started. i watched as all of the actors delivered their performances flawlessly. they sounded a gazillion times better on stage than my free spotify. stephanie's voice was so 🤌crisp🤌 and her diction? on point. also when andrew and christian kissed, charlotte squealed just like me. i guess we're pretty alike!

then the absolute bop thrill of first love started. whoever choreographed this number, i love you. then as the end of the song played, the uh "act" happened and charlotte coughed and muttered something under her breath that sounded like "oh andy."

the rest of act one went so unbelievably well. i cheered so hard at the end of each number and so did the audience. the jokes were top tier and i'm breaking down received a standing ovation. i mean, the woman belted out that note with a banana slice in her mouth. legendary. in summary, even though it was only act one, falsettos already made me laugh, cry and manically cackle multiple times. as the last notes of father to son faded away, the entire audience rose and cheered. charlotte and i started to fangirl really, REALLY hard.

"ANTHONY IS A NATIONAL TREASURE."

"they way christian borle says linguine scratches a part of my brain perfectly."

"the chess game was PERFECTION."

"i know i'm his mother but i have to say that andy's the games i play was simply the best."

"stephanie can knock me over with her car and i'd ask her to sign my forehead."

"brandon is my spirit animal."

charlotte and i have officially attained bestie status. before we knew it, the lights dimmed once again. brandon slowly walked onto the stage with a glowing baton?? as he stopped right in front of me, i saw that he wielded those traffic signal sticks.

"homosexuals." he proclaimed with a straight face, pointing at an audience member. the audience chuckled. then brandon directed his sticks at everyone. that floored me. and the entire theatre.

"everything will feel alright!" i had to pick up my jaw from the ground. that song was incredible! andrew made eye contact with me and he beamed. then charlotte frantically waved from next to me. andrew's eyes swivelled over to her and they widened. he blanched and blinked furiously, stretching his mega-watt smile a little further.

"isn't he such a darling!" charlotte cooed. wellll if my mother just saw me in tight tennis shorts i would be mortified, but again i'm not a professional.

(fast forward to falsettoland reprise)

my eyes were burning as i sat there in shock. my lap was covered with multiple snotty tissues. charlotte's hand was resting upon her empty tissue pack and she was shaking. act two gave me enough emotional damage to cover two lifetimes. as the cast walked back onto the stage for curtain call, i mustered whatever lackluster energy i had to give a feeble cheer, then fell back into my seat sobbing. i could see andrew looking at me and scrunching his face. he mouthed "sinuses" at me and i nearly threw my shoe at him. that was an otherworldly experience.