woah

"slumber partayyyy!"

brandon eagerly pulled out a rabbit onesie from a box and threw it to me. i deftly caught it and gave him a side-eye.

"so harper, this isn't our first time having a sleepover so here is how it goes: we wear the onesies and play lots of really cool games."

"what games?"

christian's head snapped up. "who's dick is in the microwave?"

stephanie looked like she wanted to slap him but she restrained herself.

tracie spoke, "alright alright! everyone get showered and changed and meet at andrew's dressing room in an hour!"

betsy kindly let me use her toiletries and i pulled on the onesie. i shuffled over to the dressing room and tentatively knocked. andrew opened the door, clad in his onesie and beckoned me in. anthony and brandon were there already and they were helping each other to do manicures.

"harper! there you are, there's linguine in the cupboard, feel free to help yourself to it." i grinned as i heard the reference to the show. tracie patted the cushion next to her on the floor and i sat down between her and andrew.

"so now, we are going to play spin the bottle!" brandon proudly whipped out a half-empty bottle of vodka and carefully set it on the floor. i turned red. wasn't spin the bottle a kissing game? i just decided to go with it since nothing they had done so far had injured me (yet.).

"i'll go first!" betsy shrieked. she whacked the bottle and it spun facing towards - anthony. he went into peals of laughter. i half-expected him to smooch betsy right then and there but instead, he produced a lopsided stack of cards. he took a card from the top of the deck and read it out.

"what does andrew rannells smell like?" betsy seriously contemplated for a moment. "well anthony, i don't go around sniffing people all the time!" andrew smirked.

"dreams." we all chuckled at that. then brandon spun the bottle which landed facing stephanie, who proceeded to ask him "does mendel eat dirt?" brandon groaned.

and so it went on, the questions being asked growing more and more ridiculous with every turn. after i had asked andrew about tracie's favourite brand of shampoo, there were no more cards to be drawn and piles of paper were scattered all over the floor.

i tentatively asked andrew, "should we clear up the mess?" he shook his head, his hair bouncing subtlety as he did so. "nah it's fine, we'll just put it to one corner!" with that, andrew picked up a broom and swept the cards under the gap of his door. "there, what you can't see isn't there!"

christian grabbed a huge tray of linguine and started dishing out portions onto plates. we started munching on our rather late dinner. the cast started to gossip about the most random things, ranging from patti lupone to bearded monkeys. we then proceeded to call gavin creel on skype.

"andrew rannells it is 11 at night."

"i know."

"what serious life-endangering situation are you in now?"

"my favourite pair of socks has a hole in one of them."

gavin ended the call then and andrew looked forlornly at his phone. stephanie patted his back. "oh andrew cheer up! i brought my face masks- "

"GREAT HEAVENS WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER."

and that is how i found my face plastered with a sticky green mush, along with the broadway cast of the falsettos revival. "we're totally twinning with elphaba now!" betsy beamed at stephanie with her face globbed in the green substance.

anthony suddenly let out a yawn. "okay that's it it's bedtime for all of us now, your mother will kill me if she knew what time you're up." we rolled out sleeping bags and snuggled into them. anthony whispered, "goodnight harper!"

"goodnight anthony, sweet dreams!"