march of the false(heteros)

so. we found ourselves in a huge space right next to the stage! very fun and exciting. it was also almost pitch dark so i carefully made my way over some cabling and proceeded to knock headfirst into an iv drip stand (what was THAT doing on a broadway set hm).

tracie guided me to an empty corner next to a sofa. the next thing i knew, i was staring wide-eyed at a manically grinning andrew rannells holding a lit torchlight upside down to illuminate his face.

well that's not something you get to see everyday.

"stop scaring the poor girl andrew she already has to deal with you." before i could object, betsy pulled me away from the unblinking andrew and groped in the dark to turn on some dim lights.

"there. now we can see!"

"great observation betsy!" anthony drawled. betsy pretended (i hope) to have a heart attack from anthony's wonderful use of sarcasm while christian led me to see all the furniture used in the show. it basically looked like normal furniture in a house but i did notice a hospital bed. huh. wonder what that is for.

christian proceeded to tell me some stuff about the props in the show (let's pretend this is entertaining folks).

"so these are the items we bring out during the show, most of the stuff here is used in act two and there's some really deep literary meaning to that which i've never bothered to find out!"

wow christian very informative thanks for the enlightenment shakespeare.

stephanie shook her head in despair. "how about we leave these nincompoops behind and we head onto the stage to show you the blocks we use in act one?"

"hell yes!"

we strode onto the stage where a really huge grey foam block stood. i could see the empty rows of seats from the stage which seems so cool!

"now i'm probably not allowed to be on here before the show, but screw that. they can't exactly fire their main character from the show."

stephanie gestured towards the massive foam block thingy.

"so this is basically all the props we use in act one, the block actually comes apart into several pieces like a puzzle and we have to move the pieces about to make some structures which we use in the show!"

that's an interesting staging concept. i suddenly had a brain fart:

"hey stephanie, do you call it the block because you're stephanie j block?"

(haha i'm so funny)

"you're my new favourite person now."