Hair?!

A/N: Hey y'all! I am so sorry that it has taken me almost a year to get back to writing about our favorite birdman. Let's just say that life as a senior college student has been whooping my butt. Thanks to the beautiful PCprime2704 for keeping me sane. All of your good vibes and prayers would be much appreciated. Just know that I love you and I appreciate your support. XOXO Now, on to the next adventure (let's hope that our hair survives)! Just so you know, I am not a fan of the short-haired Keigo in the picture above. I just wanted to share this picture with you.

It has been five months since Keigo has gotten out of the hospital. He seemed to be doing a lot better and you were happy that he was back to being himself; if anything, his mischievous side has gotten worse. Now, it's the middle of the summer and it is HOT! Hot as in it feels like you step into an oven the moment you step foot outside and are breathing through a wet rag. It also didn't help that the AC system in your apartment complex decided to stop working.

You are sitting at your desk, working on a portrait for a new client while listening to f/s (favorite singer) to try to keep your mind off of the heat. Keigo had the day off and you could see him lying spread eagle, quite literally, with a black tank top and flame athlete shorts on the couch. He had the fan pointed to him, his blood-colored wings taking up the entire couch because he's too tired to use his quirk. You would have thought that the sight was appealing and humourous if you weren't so hot. 

"Ugh! Keigo, I'm so hooooooooooot!" you moan as you pull your long, thick, h/c hair off your neck and into a messy bun, which did not help much.

"I know, darlin'. The weather forecast says it's 90 degrees outside," Keigo groans. You feel like you're going to go crazy from the heat. That's when you made up your mind. 

"I want to cut my hair and get an undercut," you state. Keigo pauses and opens his eyes.

"What, baby bird?" your husband asks you.

"I want to cut my hair and get an undercut! It would be better to deal with this heat with short hair than with this heat trap on my head," you pull on your bun to emphasize your point. You storm to the bathroom, Keigo following after you.

"Dove, what are you doing?" he asks you with panic in his voice.

"I can't take it anymore," you say as you turn on the shower. "I'm going to cut my hair!"

"And what's with the shower?" Keigo leans against the doorframe with a smirk.

"B/F/N (best friend's name) said that it's easier to cut your hair when it's wet," you look up at Keigo.

"Kid, that is not how you go about cutting your hair," Keigo cuts in front of you and shuts the flowing water off. "Look, if you're that desperate to get your hair cut, why don't you let me do it for you?" he rests his hands on your arms. 

"You know how to cut hair?" you quizzically tilt your head.

"Yeah, it was a part of hero training. I had to take cosmetic classes to learn how to disguise myself. Kind of pointless with these wings," he shifts his wings to get his point across. "But, I'd say that I passed with flying colors. Besides, how else do you think I get my hair to look this good?" he raked his fingers through his honey blonde locks.

"I don't know. I just thought you went to a super-secret hero barber or something," you shrug. "You'd really be willing to cut my hair?" you give him a pouty face. Keigo runs his fingers through your h/c hair and sighs.

"As much as I'd hate to see your gorgeous long hair go, I can't stand seeing you so miserable. I'll cut your hair for you angel," he smiles down at you.