Formal Event Pt 1: Hero Banquet

Shout out to PCprime2704. I've had this idea in the back of my mind for a while. Thanks for the boost!

"Baby bird, come one! We need to get going or we're going to be late!" Keigo yelled at you from your apartment door.

"I'm almost done!" You shout back. "Since when did you start caring about being on time for something like this?" you asked.

"Since Endeavor threatened to turn me into a roast chicken if I don't get there on time, and I would prefer to not be turned into my favorite food," Keigo answered, his back towards you as you walked out from your room and to the door.

"I'm ready," you smiled, as Keigo turned around to see you in a beautiful f/c dress, that hugged your curves in all the right places. You're h/l, h/c hair was up in an elegant bun, and your neck and ears were decked out with simple diamond jewelry that complimented your dress. His mouth dropped. He could not stop staring at you.

"Baby bird," he said seductively, "You look gorgeous!" He reached for you and pulled you closer to him to give you a kiss, but you stopped him with your hand. 

"Kei, you're going to smudge my makeup," you whined.

"Don't care," he mumbled as he started to attack your neck with sweet kisses that sent shivers down your spine.

"We're going to be late Kei," you protested, trying in vain to squirm out of your husband's grip.

"I think we should stay home and do something fun," Keigo breathed, his hands slowly making their way to the zipper of your dress. That's when you pinched the back of his neck. The man let out a yelp in pain, allowing you to duck out of his grip and walk to the door.

"We better get going," you chuckled, and winked at him. 

"Aww, baby bird!" Keigo moaned. "You are so unfair!"

"Better believe it love bird!" you giggled, turning the doorknob. You and Keigo ran to your car as it began to rain on the two of you and started to make your way to the banquet Keigo had to go to. He had to go to things like this every now and then to keep his image up, and you somehow always managed to get out of going to the banquet. Until now.

"Keigo, I'm nervous," you shrank in your car seat.

"You'll be fine baby bird," Keigo reassured you,  taking one of his hands from the steering wheel and placing it on your knee to comfort you, and it worked only a little bit. 

"Why couldn't I just stay home like always?" you pouted, giving him a puppy dog face.

"Because this year you were not sick, had some emergency with a client or your publisher, or had any friends' kids to babysit," he listed off. "Besides, it's rude to not make an appearance every now and then. People are seriously thinking that I made it up that I got married."

"But Keigo, I'm not comfortable at these kinds of events," you sighed, looking out the window. The night was dark and rainy. You saw the droplets from the glass merge together and reflect the colors of the city lights. It was as if they were teasing you with their vibrant hues. You were thinking of how you would be far more comfortable in your favorite pair of sweat pants, painting. 

"Hey, you'll be okay. I'll be there, and so will Nemuri (Midnight), Rumi (Miriko), and Ryuko (Ryukyu)," Keigo reassured you. The thought of seeing your friends from Keigo's work did make you feel a bit more relaxed a bit. The four of you have been friends since you and Keigo just got married, and have gone out with each other several times, they were also a good source of support whenever Keigo was in a dangerous situation. 

"I guess it won't be so bad," you said.

"That's my girl," Keigo smiled. "Now, let's go have some fun!" You suddenly realized that you arrived, and all your anxiety returned as Keigo opened your door, and you were blinded by all the cameras flashing in your face, raindrops looking like diamonds in the harsh light. All you could do was hold on to Keigo's arm for dear life. Keigo noticed you gripping his arm, and wrapped you in one of his wings to shield you from the paparazzi. Your heartbeat slowed down, and you leaned on his shoulder, taking comfort in his warmth.