He Caught You Singing?!

Sometimes working at home had its benefits, like being able to do some small tasks around the house immediately, instead of waiting forever to do them. You were doing the dishes, listening to the soundtrack to the Greatest Showman. Rewrite the Stars started to drift through the air and you started to sing along. Your voice and emotions soared, carrying you away, you swayed your body smoothly to the time of the music. Listening to the song made you miss Keigo, especially when the line 'all I want is to fly with you', played. By the time the song ended you were done with the dishes. You smiled at yourself, pleased that you sang decently and the dishes were completed. As you were drying your hands off, you turned away from the sink and froze in place as you set your eyes on your husband, still in his hero costume, leaning against the counter, smiling at you.

"Ho-how long were you listening?" you asked nervously.

"Oh, I heard the whole thing songbird. That was beautiful," he smiled and walked to you.

"No, not really but thanks hun," you blushed, trying to brush off the compliment. He then placed his hands on your shoulders.

"Y/n, look at me," he said and you obeyed. "Stop doubting yourself dove. Your singing was beautiful and I loved how you were so raw and expressed yourself through the music. Have more confidence in yourself. It hurts me when you put yourself down like that. You are amazing songbird," he told you and pulled you into his arms. Keigo's words and his embrace warmed you to your heart.
"I love you," you sighed, burying your face in his chest

"I love you too," he let out a content sigh and placed a soft kiss on your forehead. "Play that song again," Keigo said. You started the song over again, Keigo sang in perfect sync with Zac Efron, his tenor voice filling you with warmth.

"You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied. You claim it's not in the cards and fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me, but you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny? What if we rewrite the stars, say you were made to be mine, nothing could keep us apart cause you were the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be, so why don't we rewrite the stars, maybe the world could be ours tonight."

Suddenly, you felt his arms wrap firmly around your waist, your body pressed against his. You stifled a yelp as Keigo gently lifted the both of you in the air. A few of his crimson feathers went to your feet so that you could stand on them and he wouldn't have to hold you so tightly. As you were spinning, floating, dancing in the air, he tilted your chin with his knuckle, forcing your e/c eyes to look into his laughing, clear amber eyes. With a smidge of mischief in his impish, crooked grin, he pulled you into his arms.

"You think it's easy? You think I don't wanna run to you, but there are mountains, and there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be just you and me within these walls. But when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all. No one can rewrite the stars; how can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me, when everyone tells us what we can be, and how come we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours tonight," you sang in perfect soprano, thinking how those lyrics weren't true because you were really here with the man of your dreams.

When the music came to its peak, "All I want is to fly with you. All I want is to fall with you. So just give me all of you," he leaned you into a dip and your heart soared with love for the man you married. You saw the same undying love in Keigo's golden eyes as he slowly pulled you into his embrace. While you were still singing, you pondered in the back of your mind, how lucky and thankful you were that you get to be with this wonderful man in front of you for the rest of your life.

As the music came to an end, you changed the last line of the song, "You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide. And I can have you, I'm bound to you and my heart is yours." Keigo smiled at the line that you just made up and gave you a tender and heated kiss as the two of you floated to the floor.

"What's gotten into you Keigo?" you asked, out of breath.

"Do I need a reason to love my gorgeously amazing and talented wife?" he said with a wolfishness in his voice.

I couldn't hold back a chuckle as I answered his teasing question, "No!" I smiled and so did Keigo. We continued to do as married couples do, and I kept this special moment in my heart. Maybe I could make a painting of this moment.