Part 2, Day in the Life Pt. 2

[After McDonald's]

Ava headed to Red Base.

Matt: Uh, Ava? Where you goin'?

Ava turned to look at him.

Ava, realizing: Wait... Crap! Dope or Nope!

She jogged over to him, following him, Woods, and Sam in. On the way to the set, Ava bumped into Nate.

Nate: Hey, Av.

She smiled at him.

Ava: 'Ey, Nate. Sorry, 'bout that.

Nate chuckled.

Nate: You're good. Now go get some good footage of those three for me to edit.

He patted her on the shoulder and went into his office, where Starbucks was waiting. She smiled. Matt had graciously allowed all her friends to stay at the studio and work. Nate and Nova were brilliant editors. Nick helped with props and some other stuff. Ava, typically, worked with Shennelle, Bailey, and Sam on Dope or Nope, and helped Mike with putting music in their videos. Right now, she was heading to Dope or Nope, where Matt, Tanner, and Woods got into position, and the girls got comfy off-camera.

Matt: Welcome to Dope or Nope!

Woods, with a quirky voice: Where we rate products Dope or Nope!

Everyone laughed, and they continued.

[An Hour Later]

They had finished the shoot, and they were all really happy with it. Ava showed up on camera, where her face could be seen, and Matt introduced her. A little awkward? Yeah. Did she mind? Not really. She might have when she first met them when she was trying to hide the fact she was still alive, but now that Syntec was decimated, it didn't really matter. And she didn't mind.

Ava: I'm gonna head back to Red, and see if I can make some music for the Halloween dance. And you can remind Mike that he can actually enjoy himself this time.

Matt: I will. See you tonight, Sweetheart.

Ava smiled. It was nice to feel normal. Just, a normal girl, with a normal family, at a normal job, with normal friends. Yeah, okay, there are some really weird bits, but everyone has those. Right? She pulled on the door to Red Base and twirled in her office chair. She popped in an earbud and started to work. While she had to have it approved by Matt and Mike, she had a feeling they would go for it. She had glanced over what they had done in the past, had asked for everyone's favorite songs, and was pulling that all together into a pretty good set.

Ava, muttering: At least, I hope so.

She took a breath and began.

[Three Hours Later]

Ava nearly jumped out of her seat at a knock at her door.

Ava, giggling: Come in!

Matt and Mike came in.

Ava: Hey guys. I think the track for the dance is ready if you wanna listen to it.

Mike, jokingly: Let's see what my apprentice has done.

Ava smiled and rolled her eyes. She unplugged her earbud and turned the volume up. She was pleased to see them both vibing to it.

Ava: So, whatcha think?

Matt: I think we're ready. Mike?

Mike gave a thoughtful smile.