Lunatic

"Why didn't you wake me? I'm gonna be so late for school!" Jess yelled at her mate while rushing around the house. He just continued cooking while chuckling to himself. "EARTH TO DEREK!"

"School's been cancelled. I'm cooking your favourite."

"One, please tell me that's the truth and not just some way for you to kidnap me and two, I think spaghetti for breakfast is a bit frowned upon, Babe." She said as she kissed his cheek and moved towards the fridge only to be pulled back and pressed into the counter. 

"I'm cooking your favourite breakfast you insane thing and would I ever kidnap you?"

"Want me to answer that honestly?" She said laughing, knowing he'd never actually kidnap her but wanting to tease him.

"You and I both know I wouldn't do that. At least not to you."

"Glad you added that last part on because if memory serves it was just last night that you kidnapped Deaton."

"Hmm your memory must be going, you should get that checked out." Derek teased, moving back to the food. 

"Ooh that reminds me! When you were interrogating Jack in the locker room you knew he had a mark on his neck. How?" She asked as she hopped up on the counter next to the stove, grabbing the bowl of berries as she went. 

"I may have been the one to do it..."

"Explanation please."

"It was when I was shot. I was out of control, he was annoying and wouldn't tell me where you or Scott were. He thought I was Scott's drug dealer."

"Aha Scott and drugs? Nuh-uh."

"Exactly but that kid didn't seem to think so. Enough about Towel Guy anyway-"

"Are you seriously calling Jack 'Towel Guy' now?"

"Well he was hugging you when he had just had a shower and was wearing nothing but a towel. Learning names takes too much effort. Anyway enough about him. Your birthday is Saturday."

"How-" Jess started to question.

"Your driving license."

"When did you look at my license and why?"

"It was earlier when your alarm went off, your phone was next to your bag, I knocked your bag and it fell out. In my defence I was half asleep when I done it. I also found some college brochures..." Jess froze at that. "What's your top choice?"

"I'm not sure college is for me in all honesty."

"Lie."

"No it's the truth actually. I don't know what I wanna do so I don't wanna waste 4 years of my life."

"You're not thinking like this because of me, are you?"

"What? No. I wouldn't base a decision as important as this off of a guy no matter how much I love him. A girl maybe..." She laughed.

"Oh really?" Derek enquired with a smirk on his face, knowing that because of the bond they couldn't love anyone else.

"Maybe." She responded, giggling. "Wait you never did answer my question, what happened with school?"

"It's closed for the rest of the week." Derek's response caused her to stop from eating another strawberry.

"What?"

"Someone was killed there, of course it's gonna be closed. It's a crime scene for now."

"Hmm so I have a few days with no plans... What's a girl to do?"