Battlefield

No one had seen anyone in Derek's pack since the night at the sheriff's station. They also hadn't seen much of each other; Melissa was avoiding Scott after finding out he was a werewolf, Scott was feeling guilty about Stiles getting hurt and therefore, was avoiding him. Jess was avoiding seeing anyone with her aunt back in town while Allison was trying to process her mother's death and her anger towards Derek. 

Matt had been killed that night; drowned in the river outside the station but it had been ruled an accident due to Matt's inability to swim but Jess knew that it wasn't true. Who did actually kill Matt was a mystery to her but she definitely had her suspicions. 

                                                                                                   ~~~~~~

"Jessica!" Elizabeth called as she descended the stairs.

"Studying."

"Jessica, I did what was necessary." Elizabeth stated tiredly as she walked into the room. Jess refused to look away from her textbook. 

"You tried to shoot the love of my life and almost shot me in the process."

"You shouldn't have gotten in the way but anyway I came to see if you were still refusing to break the bond or become a hunter?"

"I think you've already got your answer and have been told many times, Elizabeth." Jess answered, still refusing to look at her aunt. 

"Stop being an embarrassment to this family. You'd be such a disappointment to your parents." Elizabeth scolded as she walked out before walking back in, "I'm leaving in a few days."

"Whatever."

                                                                                       ~~~~~~

Jess had been growing sick of being at her aunt's and so she decided to walk over to the old Hale house. She had been missing Derek and thought that the closest thing to being with him would be at his old house. 

As she approached the house the witch heard a load of crashes coming from inside causing her to rush in just in time to see her boyfriend throw someone through a wall. 

"Derek?"

"Jess? What are you doing here?" He questioned as he rushed over, wrapping his arms around her and picking her up.

"I just missed you and- PETER?!" Jess had opened her eyes to see the man she thought was dead standing in front of her. "WHAT THE HELL? DIDN'T YOU KILL HIM?!"

"Happy to see you again too, Jessica." Peter spoke while smirking at the girl.

"You bit me, tried to kill me, tried to kill one of my friends, tried to kill my mate-" Jess ranted, her anger rising as she stepped towards the wolf.

"I would never have killed my nephew or his mate." He interrupted, still smirking.

"You killed your niece!" The witch exclaimed as she went to punch Peter only for him to grab her wrist. She glared at him as her eyes turned purple, "Dolor!" 

Peter fell over in pain, glaring at the girl. Derek stood smiling at his girlfriend while leaning against the doorframe before walking over and wrapping his arms around her waist. "If only you had been here earlier, would've saved me a lot of punches." He placed his head on her shoulder so that he could whisper in her ear.

"You loved punching him, Der. We've been too stressed lately and this was a good stress-relief, wasn't it?" She replied as she leant against his head.