Chapter 1: Silence

Okay, here's the first chapter of my new story, this timeline mainly focuses on the monster's time at MU but might jump to monsters Inc. at some times. As always I only own what's mine. Enjoy.

(Sophia's POV)

Hey guys, my names Sophia Jones, well I guess Sullivan now. Its a little confusing. I was legally adopted by the Sullivans when I was five but shellia had done everything in her power to keep me from the public eye.

She said it was for protection but I know better, mother dearest didn't want the spot light taken off her baby boy. I spent my time at home with tutors while sully went to private school and before we knew it eleven years had past.

With our letters in had we were on our way, heading to one of the best universities in Monstropolis, Monsters University. The proud school teaching both my mother and father in their trades, and the only acceptable school to teach their young. And like always we drove in silence.

Sulley too lost in a game on his phone. Father was facing out the window, a hand over his open ear, as he talked to his secretary about some last-minute details for the 'big deal in Paris' and I, knowing better than to disturb them, passed the time imagining that some ape-like figure was flipping and jumping over the treetops. Swinging from branch to branch and with its powerful arms, launching its body high over the treetops once again.

Sheila had stayed behind, making some claim about finishing work at the mansion. But I could see it was simply a ploy to get out of two hours with me in the immediate vicinity. She gave Sulley a long hug, telling him many things that a mother would say to her baby boy leaving for college. A twenty-minute spectacle that Sulley took with as much acceptance that a male monster his age could muster.

For me, I got a stern look, not the glare I'd been accustomed to, but a softer more refined glare, like a king looking down on the court jester and with her warning to 'not cause any trouble at school' or 'disgrace the Sullivan name' she placed a soft paw on my head, before nodding curtly and turning away.

I turn and look down the steps, Sulley is having a heart-to-heart chat with our father, his arms around my brother's shoulders as they go over 'what to do' once more. I glance back up at the house that never felt like home.

For the first time in my life, I'd be free. God give me strength...

I could do what I wanted and not be looked down upon. Sure, the teachers would direct me but not like Sheila, no one could do it as well as her. Crush your dreams with one hand and caress your chin like an angel with the other.

"Come on Sophia!"

"I'm coming."

..
..

There were many clubs around campus, each one holding their own records for some achievement or another, shoving a pamphlet in your face like an excited child showing his working mother the drawing he just finished. The more extravagant booths caught my attention, I wondered how many times they would have to set up, execute, and takedown each set and how many students they were actually missing each time.

My eyes snapped up as a guide went over something important about buildings, at least I think it was important as her voice raised considerably and the amount of force of each word got an added punch. A pamphlet would have been a much better choice in this case. A physical, tangible, list of rules one could pin to a bulletin board and glance at 9000 times.

Out of that 90%, my idiot older brother would be front and center. More than one of them as not only would he forget the rules but the rest of the fucking ORIENTATION! As the large Blue furred monster had just vanished from the group. I ran a hand through my hair. The thought of watching over my other half evaporated any thought of a stress-free school year.