Chapter 12: He knows!

(Javier's pov)

I wasn't sure what to make of anything. I'd stopped in at the library, grabbing two books I'd need for my newest class and was making my way to the frat house when I saw them.

Sophia and a police officer.

My first thought, now fully aware of what happened yesterday assumed nothing of it but their heated words had me stopping.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" She hisses

"Miss Jones-"

"Why the fuck are you here?! I haven't done anything! Hell I've done everything you asked! You cant just show up after eleven years-"

The officer grabs her face, abruptly stopping Sophia's words with a painful squeeze.

"Now listen here you little brat!" He hisses back.

I move, going to react when she beats me. Her hand moves, gripping his and twists sharply to the right. The movement forces the officers' arm to the side and she spins him around, kicking out his left knee. He lands in obvious pain and Sophia had followed, tightening her grip as she leans down, hissing something to quiet for me to hear. She shoves him all the way to the ground content on walking away.

"HE KNOWS!" The angered voice stops her and I watch any emotion shift to fear. The officer sits up, spitting out grass and looks at her "He knows, he's here and he's pissed." Sophia had frozen in her place, her spine ridged "you're to report to Dean Hardscrabble's office immediately."

Sophia doesn't move until the officer had risen, moving to grab her arm and harshly drag her along the road to the school.

What the hell?

I slowly moved out from behind the tree and watch them disappear down the road. Ignoring the urge to follow them I make my way back to frat row, swerving around monsters and ignoring any conversations tossed my way. My head was reeling. I'd only met the freshman a handful of times but she was kind, considerate of others and had a habit of using soft words, so watching her swear repeatedly and assault a cop was....

I shake my head, feeling my pride take a hit. Growing up as a silent observer Id always considered myself a good judge of character. I enter then house, setting my books on the small shelf by the door and stand there.

Had I been wrong? Why did that bug me so much? Id never been one to obsess over someone, well anyone for that matter. One-night-stands sure but honestly I'd begun to worry that I'd never find anyone that interested me. And now, on the last year, probably my most important year of college some freshman shows up and-

Knock knock.

I blink, glancing at the door. I shake my head. A taller monster in a black leather jacket, button down shirt, dark black jeans and sunglasses looked at me. He must have been some sort of cop as I could clearly see his gun tucked away against his ribs. By the time I finished my quick scan it was like every instinct in my body hated him, so much so I had to stop myself from wrapping my arms around his throat.

"Ah! You must be Mr. Javier Rios!" The monster states, his voice holding to much enthusiasm "Is Mr. Worthington here?" I felt my eye brow rise, simply staring the man down. The man takes my challenge, lowering his glass just the slightest to flash me pitch black eyes with blood red irises. "Trust me boy, it would be in your best interest to comply."

I feel myself step back, three steps. This overwhelming force seemed to leak from the man and I felt the cold grip of fear latch onto my body. Any thought of disobedience vanishes.