chapter 17- can monsters become monsters

(Sophia's POV)

"Hey Sophia."

I glance behind me "Randell! How are you?"

I stir my cake batter, watching him place a bag on the counter.

"I've been good." He grabs some dishes "I haven't seen you around a lot."

"Yeah... sorry. I have been at Roy's house."

I could feel his eyes on me, the pink glasses back again.

"You seem to be there a lot."

I smile.

"You can ask you know."

He sighs, setting down the bowl.

"Do you really think he's a good choice? I mean with everything."

I smirk "Well you seemed pretty comfortable with them at the party."

I can't help but admire his blush.

"Well that was- I mean- they wanted me too!" he stammers, catching my grin "Don't laugh! I couldn't feel my arms for two days after that game. They take it very seriously..."

This time I laugh, sliding my eggs over to him.

"Well Roy has been very kind to me. And he... he knows."

Randall drops his spoon.

"You told him?!" he glances at the door "... About the attack?"

"No." I set down my bowl "my age."

Randell's silence wasn't missed, his fingers slowly opening the flour.

"And... how did he take it?"

"Surprisingly well." I pour out my batter "He even said he would watch out for me. All of them would."

"Well that's... good."

"Hey, there not that bad when you get to know them."

..
..

"SOPHIA!!!!"

Screams echoed everywhere around me. The horrible sounds of a knife embedding itself into a body. The thud of a person on the floor above me.

I spin as more screams, each one echoing over and over until it fell silent and another took its place.

"HELP ME!!!!"

I run up the stairs, tripping a few times as more screams come. Five bodies had fallen. The floor shifts around me, and I fall with a scream.

"SAVE US!!!!"

I whip around as the screams are now heard to my left. I scramble, tripping over the rug, the golden tassles wrapping around my legs. It yanks me back, my screams mixing with the others.

Two more thuds.

"PLEASE!!!"

A cord snaps, the huge crystal chandler falling above me. I roll, the chandler shatters, sharp crystals sliding every direction. I fall again, blood was seeping down the hall towards me.

I scramble to my feet, limping down the hallway and crash into the door.

"SOPHIA!!!!!"

I crash against the wood.

"HELP ME!!!!"

I ram the wood again and fall through. I pause, coming face to face with a dead monster, blood leaking from the knife wound to his head.