fifteen : plot twist

It's dawn when I walk out of the dropship. I can tell that the swelling in my face went down, but I'm definitely more sore than I was yesterday.
Hardly anyone is awake, so I just sit down and think.

I hear someone talking loudly. I walk over to Bellamy's tent where the talking is coming from. Clarke and Finn are looking at some girl. Bellamy got laid. Good for him.

"He told everyone to stay. Whatever's in that thing, he wants it. We've gotta get there before he does." Clarke says, then her and Finn walk out. I follow behind them, but not close enough to hear what they are talking about.

We get to a pod thing and I walk over to it while Clarke and Finn look around it. I open the door and see a girl in it. I take her helmet off. She touches her bloody forehead.

"That's not good. Oh, Hi. I made it?" She looks at me.

"Yeah. Welcome home." I say and help her out of the pod. She stands up and looks at the sky.

"Aaah. I dreamed it would smell like this. Is this rain?" She looks to me and asks. I nod and smile.

"Raven!" Finn yells

"Finn!" She runs to him and hugs him tightly. "I knew you couldn't be dead."

"You're bleeding." Finn points out.

"I don't care." Raven says and they kiss. Plot twist. I see Clarke's face fall. I don't want to stay for this pow wow, so I walk away for a bit. Just exploring.
I come across a small river. I decide to take a dip, so I take off my shirt and pants and slowly trudge into the clear water.

I just float around in the coolness for a while, relaxing. I get the chills from a cool breeze, so I get out to dry. I can see my reflection in the water. My face is bruised up, my lip is split, and my hair is slicked back because of the water. I look down at my stomach and the bruise has gotten smaller, but not by much. It's still purple and blue, and it's still sore to the touch.

I lay down on the rocks beside the river, which actually feels nice. The rocks are smooth instead of pointy and sharp. I drift off, exhausted, with not a care in the entire world. How I wish it could always be like this.

(a/n)
sorry for such a short chapter. the next few chapters to come hopefully make up for it. i'm really loving briar and how she is tough. because of bellamy, she really has no freedom, but also knows how to defend herself in case he isn't there.
i love all of y'all for reading my stories. thank you from my entire heart !! 🖤