twenty-nine : back home

"All gunners! We got movement on the south wall!" Miller yells through the walkie-talkie. I run outside with Bellamy right on my tail.
"Wait! Hold your fire! Clarke and Finn! Open the gate! Get in!" I run to the gate and watch Clarke and Finn run in. I wrap my arms around Clarke. She seems shocked and it takes a minute for her to hug me back. I let go and then hug Finn.
"I'm so glad y'all are okay." I look between the both of them. They both have even more dirt on them as if they've been running for hours, which i'm sure they have.
"We heard an explosion. What happened?" Clarke moves to look at Bellamy.
"Murphy happened." He sounds like his vocal chords are messed up bad.
"Thank God! Where have you been? Where's Monty?" Jasper runs over and hugs Clarke.
"Monty's gone?" Clarke asks and Jaspers face drops. I rub his back and mouth 'I'm sorry'.
"Clarke, we need to leave, now. All of us do. There's an army of grounders, unlike anything we've ever seen, coming for us right now. We need to pack what we can and run." Finn says and looks around at everyone.
"Like hell we do. We knew this was coming." Bellamy objects.
"Bell, we aren't prepared." Octavia explains.
"And they're not here yet. We still have time to get ready. Besides, where would we go? Where would we be safer than behind these walls?" Bellamy asks them.
"Guys, he's right. Going out there would just give them an easier way to kill us off. At least behind these walls, we have some sort of protection." I explain and Finn completely ignores me.
"There's an ocean to the east. People there will help us."
"You saw Lincoln?" Octavia asks him. He nods.
"You expect us to trust a grounder? This is our home now. We built this from nothing with our bare hands! Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground! Our ground! The grounders think they can take that away. They think that because we came from the sky, we don't belong here. But they're yet to realize one very important fact: We are on the ground now, and that means we are grounders!" Bellamy explains and all the other delinquents agree.
"Yeah! Grounders with guns!" Someone yells and I laugh a bit.
"Damn right. I say let 'em come!" Bellamy yells.
"Bellamy's right. If we leave, we may never find a place as safe as this. And God knows, in this world, we could be faced with something even worse tomorrow. But that doesn't change the simple fact that if we stay here, we will die tonight. So pack your things. Just take what you can carry, now. Where is he?" Clarke explains.
"Clarke, we can't. Walking out there would leave us vulnerable to them! Walking out there would be a death-" I explain and get interrupted by Raven.
"Help me!" She's clutching her stomach. I run over and put one of her arms over my shoulder.
"Raven? Raven!" Finn yells and runs over.
"Murphy shot her." Bellamy says and my memory flashes back to when Murphy was shooting at the ground. I guide her to the dropship.