𝒇 𝒊 𝒇 𝒕 𝒚

Cassandra's Pov

The car door opens and when she steps out Hailey slams the door shut. 

“Hey,” I said, looking up from the ground and taking in her look. She stands in front of me dressed in an oversized brown hoodie with matching brown sweatpants, holding a dark grey jacket.

Her hair not blue anymore. It’s pink. And it’s long and wavy too. She’s still pretty and it’s not that I was expecting that to change. The expression on her face is what really caught my attention though. It looked like she ain’t slept in days and that breaks my heart a lil. She looked as drained as she did the night of Dougie’s party. She takes a step towards me in an attempt to wrap me in the jacket, but I take an even bigger step back so I can create some distance. 

“I thought you were supposed to be in Louisiana.”

“Came to see you,” She shrugs.

I can't even lie I missed her bad. "Well, I'm happy you did."

She cracks a smile, breathing in the cold rainy air. "Missed you so much,"

I raise an eyebrow at that. "You missed me so much.. but you told me to stop calling you. How does that work?"

"I told you to give me a second."

"You needed a second for a week? I don't what be going through your head. You constantly do this and you wonder why be on such bad terms."

"We are not on bad terms. This is all you, you can't never let good shit be." She says.

"Ignoring me and refusing to talk to people is not good shit." I tell her a lil too loudly and I watch as mood deflates even more than it already looked like.

"I-I just wanted to let you know that I missed you, man..." She mumbles before walking to the bench.

I followed after her, sighing as she sat on the bench, and I join her.

We overlook the park, watching as the rain falls harshly, drenching everything it can. Hailey doesn't say anything and keeps her eyes on the ground, picking at the damp, ragged bandages across her left wrist. The cast is overdue for a replacement. She knows that, but knowing her, she'll just continue to pick at it. It'll never truly heal if she doesn't take care of it and a part of me even questions if she even wants it to heal. "I just wanted to let you know that when you do stuff like that the people around you get worried. You haven't been responding to my calls, my texts. Eric says you keep disappearing, and it keeps your parents up at night when they worry why you aren't home."

She nods her head. "I just be trying to get on a stage, try to talk to people, and just go out but sometimes I can't get out of bed. It's like the sadness be paralyzing me or sum shit."

"Okay," I nod, taking in everything she told me. "Okay, y-you have to set up another session with your therapist. You have to talk to her-"

"But, I'm talking to you. I'm letting you know things, I'm telling you shit I can't even tell anyone else. Why can't that be enough?"

"Because that isn't helping you! I don't know what this is."

"It's the focusing and the crash" She states, looking me in the eyes.